Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neuropathic pain itchy

Neuropathic pain itchy

Hey, my feet got that "defrosting" feeling and it makes me want to itch it and when i do, it feels better. Is that right? I use a hair brush sometimes even a knife to scrape across it. I may be wierd, but it kinda feels good and annoying at the same time. Someone mentioned putting tape on your feet, something to do with pressure. N E other ideas? Sometimes i will smack my feet too... lol.

http://www.adamsmith.name

My shoulderblades itch under the skin. If you've ever been bitten by a fire ant, it's that feeling...itchy burny owwy. My feet and hands dont itch, they just hurt. If you smacked my feet I would kill you LOL, Adam maybe you're a msochist?

"...I mean the wheelchair would be a thing in the past
    And us quads can talk about the past and laugh"-Professirx

the after frostbite frozen foot feeling, hopefully it will pass....

Some neuro pain can cause the kind of symptoms you're talking about, but I'd also look into circulatory issues. After all, you allude to relief from slapping your foot, which would stimulate circulation, and I'm not sure scratching would alleviate neuro itching.

I know there must be difference between painful and just plain annoying neuro pain, i think mine is more annoying, since i don't wince from the pain.

Its like a hot/cold (can't really tell which) buzzing feeling. Its been the same since my injury and the medical people say its gonna last forever. Is that right? I suspected it would, but will it go away? I'm not for sure, but i think the wierd feeling is in the skin right? couldn't there be some kind of numbing stuff, like a cream to put on it? You know about a year ago, my doctor prescribed lidocaine patches for back pain (haha, didn't work) i wonder if i put those on my feet? might try it.

http://www.adamsmith.name

Adam...get one of those bamboo back scratchers. Man...I couldn't live without mine. I'm on my second one in 3 1/2 years. I get the itchey-scratchey on my back and really bad on my ankles.

Sometimes I scratch my ankles so much I get scabs from where I've scratched away the skin!
    Cortisone creme works real good on the itches too.

Kap

accept no substitutes

Originally posted by solarscar69:

I know there must be difference between painful and just plain annoying neuro pain, i think mine is more annoying, since i don't wince from the pain.
    I've always understood that neuro pain that just annoys, you know, the buzzy feeling, is called paresthesia. But what do I know, I'm just a lay-person. I have a little of that in my big toe from an injury a few years ago. In my case it seems to be aggrevated from light pressure, like bedding. During the day I don't usually notice it.

Thanks. Now i know what to tell the doctors when they ask how i am.

paresthesia is also the word they use to describe the sensation patients feel with the spinal cord stimulator . i can change the intensity of it from low and noticeable but tolerable to much higher than i can tolerate.

i use the lidocaine patches on my foot , my pain syndrome is complex, with a mixture of neuro,rsd,mechanical,

i usually use 2 , 3 will fit with cutting to shape of patches,
    and careful putting on of sock.