Thread: Lower Back Pain

Lower Back Pain

Any of you guys with lower injuries have lower back pain? I've got rods from T8 to S1 and I get this throbbing musculoskeletal pain in my left lower back. Did that go away in time for any of you?

Rise to the occasion, for there is naught else to do.

Well I'm still new, T10 inc 19months, with rods T8-T12. Bug the crap out of me. Back pain all the time. Can't say it is diminishing any either.

"Rather be ridin' than rollin'"

How come you haven't gotten those removed? My doc says I can at around 18 months post.

Rise to the occasion, for there is naught else to do.

My Rods run from T12 to L2 and I contend with low back pain on left and right sides. It is more pin point pain and is below the level of the fusion. Not sure why the pain is there, I just know that nothing has relieved it.

I am a T6 complete since 1997. I have always had pain below the injury on my right side only. They put rods in in 2000 from T2 to T10. The doctor has tried prolotherapy, bunches of different pain killers and an epadural. Nothing has helped it. I finally quit taking the pain meds because I was tired of the brain fog. The pain is the same, but I am able to function a lot better mentally without the strong pain meds.

Originally posted by Mickey Kay:

How come you haven't gotten those removed? My doc says I can at around 18 months post.
    The recovery time is supposed to be substantial. Just not ready to get back in that friggin' TLSO brace again. Been hoping I can get a handle on things without going thru that again.

Originally posted by McDuff:

Originally posted by Mickey Kay:
    The recovery time is supposed to be substantial. Just not ready to get back in that friggin' TLSO brace again. Been hoping I can get a handle on things without going thru that again.

I was injured late 2002 and i said the same thing. I would rather be on pain killers my whole life then to go through a surgery to relieve the pain. I was in pain everyday, the whole length of the rods was tender, sore aching, throbbing, everything.

Well, i finally had them removed On Feb 7th of this year and i am still in the TLSO, but let me tell you, the pain that i had since my injury is completely gone! I blamed the pain on the fact that i had an injury and i would have to live with it, but no... the majority of my pain was from those rods...

The surgery is not at all like the first one. Yeah, i was uncomfortable for the 5 days in the hospital, but after 5 days, the pain was going away quickly, unlike the first one where it stayed for months and months.

If your in pain i would highly suggest seeing your surgeon, taking all the x-rays and see if you can have them removed. I feel that i got a part of my life back, i haven't taken any kind of pain killers for over a month and i imagine i won't have to again.

I was very anxious about the whole surgery thing again, thats understandable.

If you want to know more just email me or pt me.

http://www.evolimports.com/thesmithboys/adam/index.html