Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: CYMBALTA

CYMBALTA

I WOULD LIKE TO FIND OUT IF CYMBALTA HAS BEEN TRIED BY ANYONE WITH PAIN ABOVE A SEVEN--THAT DOES NOT HAVE DIABETES???

Nurse...we had a thread here in Pain Forum about it just a few months back. I took it as did, metro, I think Alan and a couple others...IT SUCKED!

Use the Find button and do a search on "cymbalta" to locate that thread.

Kap

"One generation got old...One generation got sold...This generation got no destination to hold...PICK UP THE CRY!"

~Jefferson Airplane~

I just did a quick search on another pain list (mostly stroke patients) I belong to and the same opinion was expressed there. Cymbalta was given credit as being effective for depression and crying, but no one reported pain relief.

[This message was edited by David Berg on 02-19-05 at 11:29 AM.]

cymbalta freaked me out, neurontin was the best anti -seizure med at killing the pain for me, plus it had the additional bonus of reducing anxiety.

thanks so much everyone--i have another patient who is a diabetic and depressed. He stated GREAT relief from the drug--the sci patient I have expresses alot of the same c-o pain that this man did and I just wanted to see if it had been used 'OFF LABEL' for sci pain.....any other suggestions would be SUPER, THE sci patient can't take opiates narcotics due to reactions.......NN...

neurontin is usually the first med tried for neuropathic pain, sometimes the levels need to be adjusted pretty high, amitripaline 20mg in early evening is another one to start with .. they actually work very well together. ultram also works ok.. but a lot of people including me have hard time sleeping at night with ultram

I agree. Put the word suck after cymbalta. Made me have a wierd taste in my mouth and made me sick. Tried it for 10 days. Good i had only samples. SUCK

- I am a bomb technition, if you see me running try to keep up.

- Dont argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

- Some peeps are only alive because its illegal to kill them.

I tried it as a substitute for my normal anti-depressant Effexor, hoping that it might provide the same anti-depressant quality with the added benefit of some pain relief. I took it for about 2 months. It provided no additional pain relief, and, as for the anti-depressant aspect, I think I did a little better with the effexor. They both seemed about the same, really. No wierd side effects for me. I ended up switching back to Effexor.

Neurontin 2400/day @ 600 x 4 and Oxycontin 60/day @ 20 x 3 is what I take and it does very well.

Kap

"One generation got old...One generation got sold...This generation got no destination to hold...PICK UP THE CRY!"

~Jefferson Airplane~

Trying it about five weeks now, added to all the other meds. So far, its ok, but it will take a bit longer to know if it helps the pain at all.