Thread: Somthing wrong with my neck????

Somthing wrong with my neck????

At the end of the day(everyday) my neck hurts...if i turn it certain ways itll cause a sharp pain...if i push back on my headrest it causes pain. In the mornings its all good..no pain...does anybody have this problem too or know what might be causing it??

thanks

How about I get naked and start a revolution??

It sounds like a pain in the neck.

Seriously, it is possible that you have stretched a ligament. Is this where you had your injury? What kind of instrumentation (i.e. anterior plate?) do you have?

Wise.

yea it feels like its right where my plate is....I got in the habbit of making my neck pop awhile back so im scared that might have done some damage...

I called my doctor and left a message to ask about getting a mri or x-ray....

How about I get naked and start a revolution??

My husband started having severe neck pain a couple of weeks ago. We thought it was a muscle thing, so we just tried massaging, heat etc. It did not go away. Twice he has been in tears the pain has been so bad, but has refused to go to the hospital. I think he's nervous they're going to tell him he needs another surgery.

Anyway, last week he went to physio and they checked his chair. It was completely out of alignment, so when he was sitting, and then leaning back in his headrest, his back was crooked. They fixed it, and we figured that would fix his neck problem, but he is still in pain. I was getting really nervous thinking that something major was going on, and he was sticking his head in the sand.

Today, a friend of mine was over who is a massage therapist. I asked her to feel his neck to see if she could feel anything going on as far as pulled muscles etc. She said that he has huge knots, and lots of really tight muscles everywhere. Probably because of his chair being out of alignment plus the strain on his neck since his accident, the way he sits, and so on. She gave him a massage, and he said it really helped. I know now where to apply pressure to the knots now and try and stretch out some of the muscles that are tight because of the way he sits (shoulders forward). I will keep at it and hopefully we can ease his pain.

Sorry that this is really long, but what I am trying to say, is that I think it is a good idea to have an x-ray or mri to check out any major problems. But also, check your chair, and see if you are sitting properly. Something that seems really small, can make a huge difference and cause a lot of pain - plus take a long time to go away.

I am in no way an expert, but this was our experience recently. Good luck, hope you get it figured out.

Shelley

I'm sure sitting crookedly isn't helping me any, but we haven't been able to find a way to sit me straighter yet. I feel twisted like a corkscrew, and like I'm falling sideways. It's annoying.

Alan

There's a fungus among us, and I'm not lichen it!

[This message was edited by alan on 02-08-05 at 08:08 PM.]