Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: zanaflex

zanaflex

another new med, i am trying in place of skelaxin..anyone have any comments on it?

i see people here take it with baclophen also.

I tried taking it in place of baclofen, I only took it for a few days. I couldn't function with it. It just made me way to drowsy

Chad (my husband, C4 for 16 years) has been taking zanaflex, 8 mg, four times a day for many years. It makes him tired, but he's learned to cope with the drowsiness more or less. He had to add bacoflen 15 mg 4x a day on top of the zanaflex about 4 months ago due to dramatically increased spasticity (of unknown origin, we are still trying to figure that out). The combo of the two knocks him out flat for about 30-60 mins after he takes it.

Ami

is zanafles a type of med that you need a blood level for it to work ? like baclofen

Originally posted by metronycguy:

is zanafles a type of med that you need a blood level for it to work ? like baclofen
    Hmmmmm, I don't know the answer to that. I looked up the package label and it doesn't mention it and Chad doesn't recall having to go in for blood monitoring when he started it. He simply went up on the doses until it worked well for him.

He also didn't get monitored on baclofen either though ... hmmmmmm ..... then again, the doc that put him on it was a friggin' idiot .... hmmmmm.

I do believe that baclofen and zanaflex are both meds that have to build up in your system to be effective. A constant level does not mean that it is one of those meds that has to be monitored with blood tests. I am on both and do not have to worry about that. I just started taking zanaflex to boost the baclofen. It is making me drowsy, but all my meds did that for a while after starting or going up. After a few weeks I seem to get used to it for the most part. Otherwise, it seems to be helping.

jOE

thanks, yes i have found out that baclofen nd zanaflex should be taken to keep a steady bllod level

I tried taking zanaflex along with baclofen several years ago when my spasms were really acting up. While it worked great for the spasms, it turned me into a zombie.

I've just started taking it (2mg at bedtime) ... not sure what it's supposed to help me with ....
    Daniel