Thread: carpul tunnel pain

carpul tunnel pain

Hello all. I am a 26 yr old t-4 para for 11 years now. I was wondering what if any of you have done for your carpul tunnel pain if you have it. I got the surgery on my right hand it helped a ton. Just don't have the time for my left yet. Have done some theropy to help strengthen my arm but don't know what to do when it gets bad sometimes. Does heat or cold help for anyone. If you have any suggestions would love to hear them post or e-mail me please. Have a great day and keep on wheelin.

I slept with a wrist brace (with that awful smelling muscle rub underneath) when it got bad. I will also wear it if it hurts during the day for added support. I tried to strengthen my wrists by doing 'curls' with a large soup can.

I had an underlying cause for the wrist pain though - hypothyroid problems.

Lyniffer, what is it about hypothyroidism that causes carpel tunnel pain?

Calico

calico - sorry going through old threads and saw your reply (nothing happening at work on midnights)

I have no idea why hypothyroidism affects the joints. All I know is that when I am low in thyroid levels, the joints almost 'lock up' because of the pain. I could actually see bumps on my wrists .. unfortunately I was in a wedding party the day this first happened to me .. by the time I went home I could barely wheel up the ramp.

i was given puddy for my carpal symptoms. i don't think i have thyroid prob. sometimes i stretch my hands and wrists as best i can. i still get numb and tingley but not so bad when i exercise it