Thread: Pain after 1 year anniversary / Bowel hardship

Pain after 1 year anniversary / Bowel hardship

Hi Guy's and am relativley new PARA. 1 year ago I forgot to turn left on my motorscooter and hit a ditch. I am a T-12 that has tremendous pain. It comes in several forms. Mostly a very heavy pins and needles tingling that is level 3. I get it at level 1 and 2 but level 3 is nearly bedridden for me. The other pains are skin pain along my line of injury. This is pretty severe as well. Lastly, I have a terrible time of regulating a bowel program . 1 day I evacuacte thoroughly... then it might take several days for anything else to show up... then it gets to hard. Its a very hard compication to a very un relenting injury. Any thought or suggestions welcome. Is this pain ever going to get better? Thanks, Mikey!

MSB.

Mikey,

It sounds like you're dealing with a variety of pain sources. I hope you have an experienced doc to help you through all of this, because I would have to imagine that there is hope for at least some of the pain and discomfort you're having problems with. And I'm not the person to talk to about problems with your bowel routine, but perhaps someone can pitch in a comment about something that might help, such as diet or some other adjustment.

Thanks David

Thats one of my challenges, finding a Doctor that has some experience with SCI. I have weird tingling in my forarms... most days. It intensifies when I have I have a build up in my bowels. It is like a Disreflexia signal... but I cant find the source of it? Anyway thanks for you input. Mikey.

MSB.

Mikey, have you checked in your regional forum (Southeastern states) to see if anyone there can recommend a good SCI doc? If not, it might be worth a call or trip to Shepherd Center in Atlanta.

Good luck.

~ "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." ~ Ambrose Redmoon

[This message was edited by metronycguy on 08-16-04 at 02:10 AM.]tallahase brain and spinal cord injury

[This message was edited by metronycguy on 08-16-04 at 02:13 AM.]

Mikey...check out the thread in Life Forum titled "SCI T-12". It contains lots of info about the issues you are asking about for T12/L1 injuries.

Kap

"It's not easy being green"