Thread: Mattress for Electric Bed?

Mattress for Electric Bed?

Whats a good one, thanx.

A sleep number bed.

What do you mean?

Find sleep number beds at http://www.selectcomfort.com/

Sally has used this on her hospital bed frame for the last 2+ years. She finds it quite comfortable and, so far, it has held up to being adjusted (head up, feet up, etc.) with no problems. They offer a 30 (?) day free trial. Supposedly, if you don't like it you can return it for a full refund.

Sandi

Norm,
    Can you turn yourself?
    How do you transfer?
    What ADLs do you need to do in bed?
    Is this a hospital or other adjustable bed?
    How is your skin now? In the past?

Since Select Comfort refuses to release their interface pressure studies (like most medical mattress companies) I cannot vouch for their pressure reduction properties.

(KLD)

I stay on my side all night. I have a hard foam mattress with Egg crate on top. I have a Transfer Master full size bed.

http://www.transfermaster.com/

I also stay on my side all night, and I have a pressure guard matress. It's made of air cells and foam. At first it was really hard, but released some air, and it's good now.

Originally posted by Norm:

Whats a good one, thanx.
    I would not recommend the select comfort. I have two friend who both got really bad pressore sore when they startet to use it. And they had never had a pressore sore in their life and they were both 20 years post. Here they do not give that madrass to people who are in danger for pressore sores anymore. They use other madrasses who is pumping the air in and out. Sorry, I don't know the name.

I prefere my tempuric madrass, but then I don't have problems with moving even if I don't move in the night in my sleep.

TH 12 incomplete 12-12-69.

We used to use the Pressure Guard Renew (SpanAmerica) mattresses for home, but we had major problems with defective (leaking) air cells, so now use the Triline ProCair V mattress instead with good success as a pressure reducing preventive mattress. They come in hospital bed sizes but can be custom made in a variety of sizes. The firmer foam on the edges makes transfer safer than some foam mattresses.

(KLD)

I have had a ROHO mattress for 8 years (since my injury). I lay flat on my back all night and have never had an issue from it.

I really like it because it's easy to take on vacations and such.