Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does sitting ever stop hurting?

Hey TimC I wanted to ask you if your neuropathic pain has gotten worse or better since your surgery with Dr. Huang?

Blog Entries
    Exact description !
    Quadpro, despite your screen name being a bit of an oxymoron, your description of the annoying, and unpredictable 'electric shocks' is quite accurate. Until only recently I thought this anomaly was limited to just a few pathetic souls like myself. Unfortunately, the intermittent shocks exist above the burning/stiffening sensations in my limbs.
    Two observations seem to be consistent;
    1. The burning sensation is aggravated by sitting in a w/c in just 2-3 hours.
    2. My pain levels have irrefutably increased since my OEG transplant of last september. Sarcastically speaking, each increasing level as illustrated in the all too familiar pain chart cost me several thousand dollars each.
    Of course however, I believe the pain situation to be temporary as Dr Huang speculated.

Blog Entries
    Ugh! perusing my own posts painfully confirms just how pathetic I've become. At best, I'm sure I can be confusing. Could it be the mush that has been steadily replacing any grey matter that once inhabited the space between my ears pre-sci?
    Pain, the condition which I've been professing to run, and ruin my everyday. The fact that the significant increase in my pain can be traced to the results of my OEG transplant remains the gamble for many.

Tim , what meds are you taking to deal with the pain? i know how mentally damaging chronic pain is, certain med work well for lots of us with the shocks and stabbing, the burning also.
    what i have learned from all this a combo treatment works best , less side effects, a tricyclic like elavil 10 to 20 mg and a anti seizure like neurontin, taken every 6 hours rather than every 8, usually the neurontin levels will have to raised over time until you blance out on a dose that will work well, i ended at 3200 a day. than a breakthrough med like ultram or something. with all those meds daily i was in a pretty much pain free state and able to function pretty well , it was important to get rid of the pain.
    pain just wears on you day by day , its pure torture .

[This message was edited by metronycguy on 07-02-04 at 11:58 PM.]

yea neurontin helps make my pain tolerable...but i just received a letter stating that medicaid will not cover neurontin anymore for SCI.

So now I dont know what I'm going to do. I cant live with that pain. It's to much. Nobody should have to live with that kind of pain.

I wish those medicaid people would feel what I feel, I bet they would give me a lifetime supply of neurontin. I wish I knew when this was going to end. We need a cure.

When that pain kicks in I just want to turn into a little ball on my bed and go to sleep to not feel anything.

appeal process?

anyway of appealing the Medicaid decision?

My doc is going to try.