Thread: Bextra (valdecoxib) for PAIN..

Bextra (valdecoxib) for PAIN..

Bextra (valdecoxib) is a powerful medication that targets an important source of pain. It's tough on pain and inflammation.
    Anyone every take this for pain and if so did it work for you.
    Thx Matt

"The Meaning of things lies not in things themselves,but in our attitude towards them"

Nobody has ever taken this drug before or does anyone know anything about it! matt

"The Meaning of things lies not in things themselves,but in our attitude towards them"

i have never taken it but it looks like one of the newer cox2 inhibitors, like vioxx which i do take.
    seems like it more for inflammation caused pain..but i read here that cox 2 inhibitors are also being tried for neuro pain

I take 20 mgs each day of Bextra. I tried Vioxx and got more relief with Bextra. I have gone off at times and seen my pain return severely. I know it helps me alot with joint pain and inflammation from arthritis. Stiggy, it is worth your trying, a weeks worth of samples would be enough to tell.

Mary

If I can see it, then I can do it. If I believe it, there's nothing to it.

Thank you Mary..your a sweetheart! Matt

I take 20mg of Bextra a day suppose to be for my knee's but I can't really tell if it work's or not from the neuropic pain I have I do still hurt. Never had to use it before my accident. It is suppose to be for inflamation and on my bone scan's my knee's show up very inflammed so maybe it does

T-12 incomplete 10-3-02

This is a very interesting post, since we are interested in oral Cox2 inhibitors.

IV Cyclooxygenase inhibitors were shown by Koppert to greatly shrink the size of the zone of hypersensitization from capsaicin subQ, but I have not yet seen anything which claims an oral drug can do the same.

If effective, this should treat the "EVOKED" pain of spinothalamic nerve injury. This is the burn which is additive to the spontaneous burning, by virtue of touch, temperature or other evocation depending on the individual. If anyone else has experience with this drug, would they please post.