Thread: red wine?

red wine?

anyone besides me notice that wine reduces neuropain? this was burning pain in big toe.. last night around a 3 to 4 level, enough that would keep me from thinking about sleeping, and enough to make me take a ultram normally
    i have started drinking about 8 oz of red wine in the evening. and have been sleeping through the nite, no meds needed, and better for my bladder , as i get no retention with wine..
    last night when my friend came over my pain was already acting up , but since i knew we were going to drink wine i held off any pain meds, and sure enough, no need for pain meds once i had a glass or 2.
    for the last 2 weeks i have been drinking wine in the evening , which i never did for years, never liked to drink alone..
    but i find it works pretty well on my pain, with less side effects than the elavil or neurontin or percocet..
    the pain returned upon awaking in the morning, so i had to take ultram

tough on bladder

after extensive testing , and talking to my urulogist, it seems that alcohol is worse then ambien for people with neurogenic bladders.
    started getting pain in my bladder spincter when voiding, most likely from the wine...

I usually have a glass of wine with dinner and haven't noticed any difference with my bladder. Don't know if it is just me or the fact that I don't drink much - maybe 3 oz.

T12 Incomplete - Walking with Walker, Oct 2003

i was drinking a bit more, probably 12oz. i started getting a pain at the top of uretha when i started to void, also noticed it when i coughed, i guess it straining, since the spnicter muscle is not realxing properly.
    i am going to start biofeedback for this problem as i really dont have good control of my anal muscles or bladder spincter.

I'm sure we'd all be interested in how the biofeedback goes. I also have no (or very little) control of anal muscles or bladder spincter.

T12 Incomplete - Walking with Walker, Oct 2003