Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: something that works for the burning feet feeling

something that works for the burning feet feeling

If i put on really tight socks at night when i am in bed i notice that the weird/burning sensation is reduced. I am thinking maybe its due to the pressure of the socks. Even though i have those odd sensations if you breeze kleenex over it, the pressure of the socks seem to quite the anoyying pain. Anyone know why this works or if anyone else does this too??

faster than a speeding ticket

no idea! but i will try anything and log it in
    unless edema is happening and by raising your feet in bed and tight socks stifle it.
    and the edema is causing or woresening the nerve pain.

In the early years, pressure did provide some relief for my pains. It may be doing the same for your feet.

Alan

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

In rehab we found that the colder the skin on my feet and lower legs the more they hurt. So, bit the bullet and wore socks to bed and then tossed a blanket on with one of those dohinkies to keep it from putting pressure on my feet too. Now I just use moisturizer.....everynight.

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Pressure can sometimes be helpful for peripheral neuropathic pain. In theory, pressure will increase the release of substance p in the nerve endings, dulling the pain. We all do this when we have acute pain from hitting ourselves or cutting ourselves.

Pressure (Ace) wraps or TED hose have been found helpful for many with diabetic or alcoholic peripheral neuropathy, for example. I have also seen some people with MS who have found pressure helpful for their neuropathic pain, which is central rather than peripheral usually.

(KLD)

I get relief from the burning neuropathic pain and mine is from a SCI and that is central pain.

I didn't know if you thought mine was periperal KLD.

faster than a speeding ticket

thanks sci nurse the tight fitting socks information is good to know.
    i will look for a teds sock to try,

Just saw aa commercial for (I think) Dr. Scholl gel shoe pads. Might these help your feet?

Alan

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

everytime I put on like ted hose or the pressure sock's, I wake up in the middle of the night with horrible cramp's in my leg's. What could cause this?
    Thank's
    Duge

T-12 incomplete 10-3-02

works for me. I wear teds everyday. Is there anything wrong with this ?

Brian C/5