Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lidocaine Patch , not placebo patch

Lidocaine Patch , not placebo patch

i wonder how that would work , on my foot pain, i got a taste for walking/ painfree for a couple hours with the lidocaine/cortisone /shot in me, and now i want more! its a very localized area. .. think it would work?

Metron
    That would be so great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me know how it turn's out if you get one.
    Duge

T-12 incomplete 10-3-02

For localized pain, I've heard of some people having some luck with Botox injections. Might be worth asking your doc about.

Hi Metro,

I use a lidocaine patch for muscle/nerve pain in my back. I gotta say, it works wonders for me.

I am already taking Nerontin and a muscle relaxer, but don't want to take more because of teh sleepy factor. The patches work great cause I get pain relief, but none of the drowsiness and/or all over body weakness taking more drugs would do.

The only thing I have problems with is managing to keep the patch on. The glue/sticky stuff sometimes is not enough and I find it falls off/slips/rolls.

Best wishes.

thanks , hopefully I can get some soon , since it seems this foot problem /injury is inflammation and unneeded chronically inflamed nerves from foot slap/walking without AFO.
    be great to locally anesthetize the foot , till i can get it mechanically fixed!

Metron
    Are both your feet that way? mine are and after being up on them any length of time they start to hurt so bad I have to sit down.
    Thank's
    Duge

T-12 incomplete 10-3-02

I have not used the Lidocaine Patch, but I would like to try it. I recall that JFK was given
    Lidocaine injections. I don't think that Lidocaine Patches would require triplicat forms from the doctor. I'd like to know more about this.

PN

no duge just one foot, i have neuropathic pain from my injury , but that i will feel even sitting down and in the middle of the night. that neuropathic central pain has nothing to do with weight bearing and doesnt go away if i sit down, or lie down. the neurontin type , elavil, work well on that

the pain for the lidocane patch only hurts when i stand on the foot or weight the foot, or even swim and kick, its a radating nerve pain, this pain goes away when i sit down , its a weight bearing pain, localized

i have 2 totally different pains, both nerve , things going on in the same foot.
    one central pain, one a mechanical nerve injury..
    very confusing , fortunately i havent bought into the mechanical pain being central neuropathic pain alloydina type..

My feet hurt all the time too, just that it is worse when I stand on them. They have never felt right since my accident. also my toes are curved down which affect's my balance,which I do not have. my feet hurt while laying down I have the neuropathic pain also.
    Duge

T-12 incomplete 10-3-02

Originally posted by duge:

My feet hurt all the time too, just that it is worse when I stand on them. They have never felt right since my accident. also my toes are curved down which affect's my balance,which I do not have. my feet hurt while laying down I have the neuropathic pain also.
    Duge, Within a few months of my accident (I'm a para, BTW), I had my toes pinned, to keep them straight, so I could start learning how to walk again. Eventually I was able to walk with just a cane. Now I have to say this was a very painful operation (my cord was bruised, not severed), but after a few weeks the advantages started showing themselves, I was able to start walking with crutches, and without any of the pain that the "hammertoes" had caused. Just something for you to think about, maybe ask your doc about, etc. Unfortunately after 23 years of having pain-free feet, I had an aneurism which seems to have generated a neuropathic pain like metronycguy's, in my left foot. Thought it might be the pins at first, but at this point my pins have disappeared, just fused bone remains. The docs checked my toes via xray etc., and ruled out physical problems as the cause of my pain, I had to agree as nothing external seems to have much effect on it.

Metronycguy, I didn't realize you had these two types of pain, I can only imagine how much more difficult this must make it, to deal with the neuropathic symptoms. And I wanted to let you know, some time ago you suggested dehydration might be a source for my foot pain, and I have noticed that if I drink more before I go to bed, I usually sleep better and the pain seems to happen less frequently. Because of urinary issues, I would always avoid drinking anything, but that has not become a problem so far, and I wanted to let you know it has helped, so thanks for your thoughts on that.

Never underestimate an individual,
    Never overestimate a bureaucracy.

[This message was edited by Aquitaine on 02-27-04 at 01:04 PM.]