Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: need to wear a shirt

Originally posted by Sue Pendleton:

Seems rather drastic but has anyone ever tried elctric shock therapy for pain? I mean the new kind with anesthetic, etc.?
    I have seen enough Electroconvulsive Therapy and it does seem to be effective for deep depression. If I recall correctly the patient receives a sedative and the ECT was done around 6 a.m. I also believe that patients on average have at least a half-dozen treatments. The psychiatrists only gave me a partial answer on how this treatment works and admitted he did not understand everything about ECT. Medicine, "part art and part science."

PN

Hi Alan,

I don't know if this would work, but last week my son, T3 SCI began a mixture of morphine into his bacolfen pump. It is a slow process, but the people at the Red Butte Pain Clinic who are using the pump with the morphine are finding some relief. I will let you know if my son's pain diminishes, because he describes his pain very much like your.

Warmest Wishes, Alice

There is no known therapy using ECT for pain that I know of--currently. But since it is supposed to reach the deeper recesses of the brain where the worst of depression hides I think it might also do something for central pain. I mean we use tricyclic antidepressants for the same kindof pain, why not ECT? Wise? Nurses?

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Perhaps ECT might help some types of CP, but it's playing with fire. I've heard from folks with CP who say that just using TENS can cause their CP to spike for weeks, while it helps others. I can only imagine what the consequences might be if someone with CP had a bad experience with ECT. Scary stuff, to me anyway. I wouldn't recommend anyone to be the guinea pig in that experiment.

i never had a tens unit increase my neuro pain, but i found the NMES did when i was using it.

Deep brain stimulation has been suggested on some pain sites, but it has less than a 50% chance of success, plus relief may only be temporary.

Damn scoliosis - it's tough reaching my keys. I feel more crooked than the politicians we have the privilege of voting for (and that sensation is on top of the burning, lumps, cramps, tightness, et al.) My right side enters a room before my left side does. Anyone want to shove a pole up my butt to straighten me out? I promise not to sue.

Alan

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

[This message was edited by alan on 03-08-04 at 08:29 PM.]

Hi Alan,
    This topic seem old so maybe you may not see this reply.

I suffer from the same problem you seem to have.
    I am also new to this and so i hope there is a moderator that will edit if i have breeched some code of conduct here.

I only wanted to let you know that i came across a product, made in Canada, that someone recommended to me. I really didn't think this product would do me any good at all as it does not claim to manage pain of any kind.

However, my friend swears that it worked for 2 people she has knows that suffer from Shingles.
    After a particularly horrible week i fianlly tried some. To my amazement - it worked.

It is called "Gardener's Dream Cream" It is now being sold worldwide and you can probably find it if you call around to a few health food stores and maybe where you are you can also find it a gardening stores. Even some drug stores here are carrying it.

I can provide you with a website, but i don't know if i am allowed to do that here. The site lists a search engine that allows you to locate all the locations it is sold in worldwide.

The thing about this is that it contains nothing but totally organic natural products, about 15 i think. Further, if you can find some locations ask if they have samples, because the company provides these.

You have nothing to lose if you can find a sample to try. That's how i did it and am now a dedicated user.

I have been using it faithfully 2 times a day (its effects don't last too long when you first start to use it) for over a year now. I found that it began to also help the deep muscle pain i also have. And i also discovered that my bouts with inflammation have almost disappeared.

I still wear very soft materials and i make sure that all the labels are cut out. There is no point it wearing things that cause this flair of pain. Mine, i know is another symptom of my CNS Disease that manifests in the nerves of the skin. My Doc says its a type of pain response that occurs when the regular pain you have goes into overload - and dumps the pain chems into the vast and tiny skin nerves.

Once i found i could keep the skin under control the meds i take worked much more efficiently.

I hope you can locate a sample of this and that you find it helpful.
    Peace

I can look for it.

Thanks.

Alan

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

Everhopeful, yes you can provide the website link.

Thank you for your efforts.

Hi Alan,
    I just heard from the Moderator and I can send you the link that will allow you to search for a store that may be near to you.
    Here it is, and if you find a sample and try it out and it works for you would you please let me know - i do so like to find solutions that work for other people in pain. It really must be stopped.

http://www.aromacrystal.com/retailers.asp