Thread: Lyrica vs Neurontin?

Lyrica vs Neurontin?

Just curious if Lyrica works better then Neurontin for Neuropathic pain in stroke paitents? Anybody have personal experience or studies? Neurontin & Accupuncture don't seem to be working for my dad.

medication

Have heard that they are very very similar . Both causeing weight gain. I need a nerve pain med that doesnt put on weight excluding Topamax .
    Friend of mine is on Lyrica and just loves it.

Our Pharmacist said that Lyrica causes less drowsiness?

let you know in a week if i make it that long, it does something to my bowels makes them worse than ever. i forgot how bad it was when i was on neurontin, lyrica is already starting these side effects including mental confusion
    cauda equina

I been on Neurontin for Neuropathic pain and it works great..and no side effects.I also find that the name brand Neurontin from Pfizer works the best.

Stiggy
    "The Meaning of things lies not in things themselves,but in our attitude towards them"

I'll be at 300 mg. of Lyrica per day Wednesday (at 250 mg. now.) That's as high as I plan on going. I don't know how long I have to take it before I can tell if it helps any.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

I am only on 75 a day, no real change in pain at this level.
    i am doing it more as a experiment to see if it stops the pain in my foot that prevent me from wearing a shoe.
    any pressure on the top of my foot from a shoe is very painful. sandals with a strap down by the toes and up high by the ankle do not cause as much pain.
    cauda equina

What does it do to your bowels?

Quote Originally Posted by higgkim
    What does it do to your bowels?
    neurontin gave worsened my bowel problem of being unable to evacuate, i would get urge to go have s slow BM , and minutes latter get another urge and have to go back and have another. i wasnt using suppositories or enemeez back than since i was having too many accidents with them.
    i have a cauda equina injury, so i am amble to walk pretty good , but my bowels are always a problem. i cant evacuate with or without neurontin or lyrica, but it seems like the neurontin would slow down the perristolis, and it was like a pipe that was always full, some would come out, felt like i was done , clean up and 5 minutes latter had to go again.

i have much better bowel control now. i can use a enemeez safely, so i will see if the lyrica bowel problem continues
    cauda equina

Hasn't seemed to bother them much. Occasional soft stools, but I can't say for sure the Lyrica is responsible.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.