Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: need to wear a shirt

I have good news and bad news. Good news is that I've been able to wear my shirt more. Bad news is the reason for that is the upper back pain has gotten so bad, the shirt can't really make it feel worse any more.

Alan

There's a fungus among us, and I'm not lichen it!

Nerve Center Telnet BBS - tncbbs.no-ip.com

Dear Alan

I don't want to say that I know what you are feeling cause my nerve pain is not that bad, but a hot hot hot shower does wonders for me. The hotter I can get it the better. That calms my nerve pain down to wear it is bareable. Also have you tryed fleece? 100% fleece is warm and soft. I don't know if you have tryed it but at this point everything is worth a shot. Also I've found that if I lay on my side in the fetal position it helps me get a couple hours of sleep. Hang in there I will send a prayer up for you, he doesn't always answer in the most speediest of time but eventually he gets their. Ej

I do take hot showers, but they don't really affect the painful spots. They feel good on my neck and shoulder tops, though.

Fleece is nice and warm, but just as aggravating.

Thanks for the prsyer.

Alan

There's a fungus among us, and I'm not lichen it!

Nerve Center Telnet BBS - tncbbs.no-ip.com

Cool weather is returning, and I'm again looking for a way to be able to tolerate a shirt for more than a couple of hours. It's too dang expensive to heat the house - we could set the thermostat lower if I could wear shirts like regular people. Damn CP.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Thanks to the expected increase in the price of natural gas (love how energy companies gouge us as they rake in huge profits while getting subsidies from the idiot in the White House), I had a choice between shivering for the next six months, or wearing a shirt and dealing with the extra pain it causes. I chose the latter - we've got the thermostat at 77, which is as low as I can take it (that's with a shirt on), and I'm still dreading the bills.
    Alan

Alan~
    I have the same issue with shirts. I have found a few things that help.
    1) Lidoderm patches help minimize clothing pain, especially on my bicep/tricep
    2)UnderArmor with quick dry feature works great. The pressure of the fabric keeps it from rubbing and causing pain
    3)Silk thermal shirts from LLBean do the same
    4) I use silk glove warmers from Lands End to minimize hand pain and keep it warm
    5) Anything that is compression in nature hurts less so fabric that is like compression bandage quiets the pain

It became pretty cold here today. The temp in my house dropped to 61 so I relented and turned on the heat.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Thanks for the ideas, Cheesecake. I don't have a problem with biceps and triceps - my problem is the upper back, and Lidoderm didn't help. I'll check out those shirts - tight is better, as you said.
    Last edited by alan; 10-28-2005 at 08:22 PM.
    Alan