Thread: sleep aids or elavil type tricyclices

sleep aids or elavil type tricyclices

just wonderign what else is good for neuro pain that now i only seem to get in the evening, and its not to bad, a ultram usually qwells it, problem is ultram tend to keep me awake at night unless i am exhausted from a busy day.. which i am mot having lately..
    i had tried elavil before , worked well with the pain, but side effects were there. i
    hate to take perocet every night either.
    i take ambien now for sleep, but trying to find the least medication neccessary. the ambien is to counteract the ultram awakeness

Have you tried Neurontin and/or Benadryl (name brand or generic). Both of them, together or separately, help me sleep.

Calico

metro...

I take neurontin for the neuropathic pain. I'm on 600mg @ 2X/day. I take one at nite about 1 hr before bed and it does not keep me awake. I'm generally an insomniac and aside from it really reducing the n/p pain it kinda makes me pretty sleepy. Talk to your doc about it. BTW, when i first was started on it @300mg @ 2X/day it didn't do squat for pain. So, make sure you get it dosed right before giving up on it.

Kap

"It's not easy being green"

wooops did some name changong , from yonkers guy to this one,,, i was on neurontin 4 x800 a day, but stoppped it due to sude effects, and than tried most of the other antiseizure meds.
    i did try 400 my of n before bed least week with no luck, i could try a 800 mg tablet , i have lots left over. seeing pain management doc in about a hour and just wanted to see if there anyhting worth trying, ambien works, i like it bcause i can wait to see if i cant sleep and take it since it acts quickly.. i usually use it conjunction with ultram.
    last night i tried a elavil again, but 2 hours latter i was wide awake and so had to take a ambien also, did sleep well though..
    problem i notice when i take elavil or neurotin at say 10pm i go into feeding frenzy, till i use the ambien to knoeck me out...