Thread: ? about pain in pelvic area

? about pain in pelvic area

Hello everyone I am new here I am a C-6 C-7 incomplete and have pain in my pelvic bone area that runs down to my feet. Some days are good some are really bad. i have a superpubic tube and always change it to keep it clean but i need help with my pain. Any info would be helpfull.

Thanks

Danny

Danny, can you describe what the pain feels like? Is it a burning pain, aching, or what?

Have you asked your doc about this problem? What have they said?

The pain that I'm having is more burning pain than anything. I have tried Norontin 900mg 3 times a day does help at all. My Dr that I go to had me try tegratol as well but it didn't work. is there anything else you can think of that I can try. Another thing I forgot to ask is when I ride my handcycle my pelvic bone hurts even more. Any info would help

Thanks
    Danny

While Neurontin isn't a cure-all, a lot of people find partial relief when using it alone or in conjunction with another medication. Talk to your doctor about options for treating neuropathic pain and is you're not satisfied, consider shopping around for a doctor who is more experienced in this area. The burning pain definitely points to neuropathic pain. Tegretol is worth trying, too. Just remember that sometimes it's takes the right *combination* of drugs.

The problem with riding your handcycle sounds like it might be just pressure from the bike seat. Maybe experiment with different cushions, possibly with cutouts in strategic areas.

Don't the anticonvulsants (neurontin, Keppra, phenobarbital, Trilepal, Gabitril, etc.) have to be taken for a month or so before one can tell if they'll provide any relief?

We could also use an anti-scoliosis pill. I'd love to be able to sit straight without feeling like I'm flopping sideways constantly.

Alan

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

[This message was edited by alan on 12-04-03 at 08:56 PM.]