Thread: cold hand

cold hand

why would i have one cold hand, cold to touch and the other one is as warm as?

what next
    floyd

Cold hand

Is your injury cervical? The spinal cord regulates blood flow to the skin, and often can go wacky and decrease it in one limb over the other. As long as the clolor is OK and you or a caregiver can feel strong pulses in the cooler arm, I would not be concerned. If your pulse is weaker or absent, call your physician immediately.

(KLD)

im a c5/6 break, the colour looks the same to me? since its just started will i always have it now, or is it just one of things that will come and go? it feels really horrible.

thanx

cold hand

Floyd - How long post injury are you? It sounds as though this is a new symptom for you and that the presence is episodic or sporadic, i.e. comes and goes. Is this correct? What other symptom(s) accompanies this or can you be more descriptive as to why this is so uncomfortable? Is there a particular position or time when it is more noticeable? CRF

im close on 11 years post, it just started on sunday and its only cold when im in my chair. my index finger has like tingling feeling right at the end and knowing my hand is cold makes me really paranoid. like most quads i find it really hard to regulte my temp, if its hot, im cold, if its cold im hot.....frustrating i can tell you.

thanx

Cold Hands & Feet

I'm 8 months post and have similar symptoms. Usually either my left hand or leg, and sometimes both at the same time. Early on it used to happen quite often, but now the symptoms seem to only present themselves every once in awhile. When they do, they seem to last anywhere from 30 minutes to a couple of hours. If I can, I try to cover up with a blanket or jacket. It is kinda' odd, but I assumed it went along with my body's inability now to manage it's own temp well. I never thought to check the pulse rate in the limbs during the cold spells, but I'll keep that in mind for next time.

"Problems cannot be solved at the same level of awareness that created
    them."

cold hands

Floyd - Do you have a SCI doctor that follows you? When did you last have a thorough physical exam by a SCI doctor? When you have a new symptom such as you have and with sudden onset, it needs to be evaluated. I would urge you to do this in the near future. Don't let it drag on. The most important thing you can do is always "listen" to your body since you do not have the usual 'warning system' that you did prior to your injury. Whatever is going on may have a positional element to it since you only notice this when sitting in your chair. This latter symptom (positional) can be indicative of syringomyelia, the cyst or syrinx formation that can occur at the site of the injury. A SCI person is always at risk for cyst formation whether newly injured or years post injury. CRF

i got some x-rays done because my local dr thought my neck may have collapse a bit but they came back fine. since then ive lost a little strengeth in my wrist, ive got weak wrist extension on my left arm. my local dr has talked to my sci consultant and have agreed that i need an mri done. so now its a waiting game until i get my referral to have it done......

patience......you've gotta have it
    floyd