Thread: stood today on stander--any ideas on how to get insurance to get me one?

stood today on stander--any ideas on how to get insurance to get me one?

Stood today on stander--haven't stood in 721 days and it felt great. Blood pressure was rock solid and no dizziness!

Has anyone had their insurance company buy one of the standing machines for them? If so, what process did you use?

EM

STANDING FRAME

I HAD MY SCI DOCTOR WRITE A LETTER TO MY INSURANCE COMPANY TO EXPLAIN THE HEALTH BENI FITS FROM STANDING. I AM SURE THERE WAS ALOT OF BS IN THE LETTER BUT WHAT EVER IT SAID IT WORKED. TRY THAT FIRST. GOOD LUCK BILLY FRYAR "KEEP ON ROLLIN"

Letter for Insurance

I have an "EasyStand 5000". I didn't get it through my insurance but I do recall they had "sample letters" for physicians. I think if you call for info and ask for literature on the product they will send it to you.

EasyStand Website: http://www.easystand.com/

anybody knows anything about standing tables?

I think I cannot use frame, since I got one hand partially working..

At rehab they Used table to put me up...

Thanks in advance for suggestions

Vendor

A good vendor will have a sample letter that your physician can modify or even just use straight for justification of this type of equipment. Of course it will vary with your insurance company if they will fund it. If it is turned down (as with any denial), ALWAYS file and appeal and ask (as is your right) that the appeal be reviewed by a physician who is board certified in both PM&R and Spinal Cord Injury Medicine.

(KLD)