Thread: TiLite EVO?

TiLite EVO?

Anyone have or try a TiLite EVO wheelchair? http://www.spinlife.com/critpath/spe...roductID=71263
    It has the box frame that would accomodate my EZ Lock component and seems OK. Any input appreciated. Thanks.

You need the box frame for the ez lock thing, don't you? 17 lb frame...I think that's the same as my ZRA. It looks like it would be worth a demo. Good luck smokey.

jOE

Yes, not only the box frame but Medicare will cover this ultralight chair. I simply don't hear or see anything about the TiLite EVO from any users and would like some opinions.

when I was looking at the ez glide 6ooo, the sales person called a guy that had bought one about 9 months earlier and asked him if he would give me a call. He couldn't give me his number, because of the hippa rules. The guy called me and I got an informed opinion. It worked out pretty okay. Try that.

jOE

Smokey,

I have the EVO. Bought it for the very reason you mentioned, it will work with the EZ Lock. I have had Quickie TIs for twenty years so this was a major gamble. I'm happy with it. Construction is 200% better than the Quickie. After I got used to it, it is much more comfortable. I'm C-5/6 and I would need a new back for my quickie every year. I have had the EVO for 2 years now and haven't had to adjust the back once. I hate that I can never try a chair before I actually buy it, but this worked out and I am pleased. Let me know if you have any questions.

24/7, Thanks for the reply. My current ride is a Quickie 2HP with 60 degree front end and the EZ Lock component underneath and a lousy sling back for upholstery. I'd like to get a 70 0r 80 degree front end on my next chair with a better back, as light as possible and able to accomodate the EZ Lock hardware. The EVO looked like a good possibility. I'm a C6-7 guy, 6' 2". Maybe you can tell me the specs on your chair...seat height in the front and back, front end angle, frame length, seat width and depth etc. Anything you can tell me about the chair...good and bad, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

They will custom fit it to any dimension you would like. The backs on the Quickies are lousy. TILITE backs have 3 or 4 adjustments through out and even has an integrated piece that covers your butt. I had 70 degree foot rests on my other chairs and went with 80 degrees on this one. As with anything else, it just took a little getting used to. Now I can get closer to things. I can't really say there is anything I don't like about it. I'm in it 16 hours a day, 7 days a week and it is comfortable. I did have them reduce the width of the footplate so the heels of my dress shoes would hook over it. With a set of frog legs, the ride is pretty good also.

I'd like to try 80 degrees, but I do know the chair can be tippier the more your legs are tucked in closer to 90 degrees. Do you find the EZ Lock has altered your center of gravity at all? Also, the EVO has 4 different frame lengths; short, medium, long, and extra long....what's that all about? Thanks.

Yeah, everything is a trade off. I can't tell if it is tippier closer to 80 degrees because they set my chair up with the wheels moved all the way back. I need to install anti tippers and move the wheels foward. The EZ lock on this chair isn't a good example. I drive a pick up and the tie down had to be offset. It is heavy, but installed correctly its balanced on the axis. I would run a new chair and get it set up, then install the EZ Lock. Adjusting the chair usually means you have to adjust the EZ lock. At the least, the bolt height. I assume the frame lengths are for different people sizes but I don't know. If you are in the area you can check out mine. I'm only 5' 11" but it will probably be closer to your size than the kiddie chairs the DME suppliers offer for demos.

looks like a nice chair for the price. do ya have any problems with the front casters hittin your feet? i hate that on this chair i got..