Thread: percocet, adavan, and central pain

percocet, adavan, and central pain

why do these drugs, esp adavan, help w central pain better than neurontin or such? my pain lvls frequently reach a 9, and i'm getting really tired of it. i started taking tegratol and that made a big diff also, but nothing like the percs and adavan. so why?

c5 complete, 7-9-2000www.Leedensport.com

Ativan is related to valium, and relaxes muscles. Percoset is tylenol plus an opiate, and you're probably better off if you can just get the plain opiate, as long term use of tylenol can damage your liver. Tegretol and neurontin are anticonvulsants.

I take 2 mg of valium four times daily and along with baclofen it helps with my CP.

Joe B
    C6-7

It's often impossible to be sure what's going to help any given individual with central pain until they have tried it. Neurontin, various opiates, whatever. I've heard of some using toxic levels of Tylenol, but I REALLY don't recommend that. Tylenol toxicity is not a pretty thing and I can think of a thousand ways I'd rather poison myself than choose that route. One of the big things is t do whatever you can to quiet the nervous system. This helps you to relax, improves your coping ability, creates fewer messages for your brain to have to filter so it can deal with the pain more effectively, etc. Just keep those synapses happy and quiet.

I'm on 200mcg's Duragesic patch every 3 days but Darvocet seems to be all there is that controls the leftover pain that makes me tense, afraid to move and controls the AD sweating and chill feelings that hit fast and leave but intensify the pain. How many N-100's can I safely take a day and do you have any suggestions for a good replacement. Darvon, vicodin, co-tylenol. percocet, demerol tabs don't help and I know all the cets have tylenol. Why does only the darvocet help? I feel crappy enough w/o poisoning myself. Thanks

are percs really that bad? i've been taking 4 x 7.5 500mg a day for months now. tried oxys for awhile, but they constipate me. i'll still take 1 when the pain's bad though. i evn tried clonodine in my pump w no help. what about some kind of patch?

c5 complete, 7-9-2000www.Leedensport.com

Find out the opiate in the percoset or darvoset (whichever you're taking), and ask your doctor to prescribe just the pure opiate. Tell him/her why you want to make the change, so you don't look like a drug seeker. Good doctors will understand, and want to avoid risking liver damage.