Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone's butt hurt?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jeff:

Lewis - FES will change your life. The health benefits are amazing.

Sorry to sound stupid but what is kit how often is it used?

mike

Er Kit= FES
    Sorry to sound stupid but what is kit how often is it used?

mike[/QUOTE]

Mike - FES = Functional Electrical Stimulaton. In my case it means using electricity to cause my leg and butt muscles to contract while my feet are attached to the pedals of a special exercise bike. The bike is called an FES Bike. The muscle contractions are timed in a pattern to make me pedal like an AB would. It's totally awesome. Check out FES topics in the Exercise Forum.

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

mine always does. c5 complete but i swear i can feel pressure on my butt or side, depending how i'm laying. every few days, its at level 9 in pain scale, along w my hands and legs. percocet, tegratol and adavan really help though

c5 complete, 7-9-2000www.Leedensport.com

Wow, I thought I was alone too. I'm a C-5/6 incomplete and my lower back and butt hurt all the time when I am in my chair. I have feeling everywhere but no temperature sensation. I have flareups every few days too, where the pain goes to a level 8 or 9. My hands always have the same burning pain too, which seems to defy the pressure theory, but maybe I just have poor circulation in my hands. Laying in bed sometimes helps the butt pain but sometimes doesn't. Right now I am on 4200 milligrams of neurontin a day.... Sometimes vicadin (SP?) when the pain is really bad. Are Tegretol and Ativan narcotics? Long story short, Lewis you are not alone.
    -Matt

I am C7 incomplete, injured 9-22-02 and have not been comfortable since. I have tried every type seat but still discomfort. I take 2400 neurontin daily for pain that was in my left arm and hand. They felt as if they were on fire when I sit up. If I laid back the pain went away in the arm. The neurontin took care of the arm but the rear end is just uncomfortable.

I get the same thing too, I think it is caused by stress, lack of sleep, or whatever the brain doesnt like at that particular time. I remember waking up a few days with big time pins and needles, then I just go back to bed and sleep for an hour or two, all (mostly) gone after that. Sometimes the pins and needles flare up immediatly due to something stressful happening. The burning/pins and needles is always there, but sometimes it gets to be very noticable. I guess we can say "It's all in your head", which in reality it is, now we just got to figure out how to make our heads get used to having a large chunk of its nerves disconnected from it. Sometimes just thinking that my pains are 'in my head' makes them go away somewhat, although I think it is due to me ignoring the pain after thinking this.

drinking decent quaities of alcohol takes away the pain, but thhen i cant sit up!

lol

but its true

c5 complete, 7-9-2000www.Leedensport.com

Has anyone seen Jackass-The Movie? This bonehead sticks a matchbox car up his butt, then goes to the dr. for an x-ray. I thought it was really funny, but then realized I've spent the past 3 yrs. feeling like that guy. And no dr. can take the car out.

You'd better get a big gun 'cause I'm not dead yet."
    ---The Bad Examples

Originally posted by Betheny:

Has anyone seen Jackass-The Movie? This bonehead sticks a matchbox car up his butt, then goes to the dr. for an x-ray. I thought it was really funny, but then realized I've spent the past 3 yrs. feeling like that guy. And no dr. can take the car out.

You'd better get a big gun 'cause I'm not dead yet."
    ---The Bad Examples
    Yeah I seen it in theater when it first came out but if I remember right he put the car in a condom then stuck it up his anus?

When they were driving the golf carts at the golf course, I was surprised that dude didnt break his neck when he flipped the golf cart! Very lucky!

"Death has to be easy because life is so hard"