Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Accidental overdoses

Accidental overdoses

Just curious to see if any of you with pain problems taking pain killers have accidentally overdosed. One night I had severe back pain and was not keeping track of my dosages of darvocet, fentanyl, clonipen and xanax. I was trying to sleep the pain away. This was shortly after I had my bac. pump installed and was recovering from roughly 4 months hospitalization at home.Luckily a home health care nursed dropped in to see how I was doing.I just remember waking up in the hospital with a black tounge, mouth from charcoal. When your groggy and sleepy it was easy to do. WR

u are a very blessed man, john. i just stumbled upon this post. thank god for that nurse.
    alice

joy
    "You've got to learn to love the little things in life in order to be happy, like a sip of whiskey in the evening or a beautiful morning sunrise."
    ~Gus McRae, "Lonesome Dove"

I overdosed on klonipin, flexeril, vicodin, and xanax...thats what caused my SCI. Please be VERY careful!!! You are very lucky the nurse found you! No telling what kind of damage could have been done otherwise! Stay safe...

C5-C7 Walking Quad

Originally posted by TINAMARIE:

I overdosed on klonipin, flexeril, vicodin, and xanax...thats what caused my SCI. Please be VERY careful!!! You are very lucky the nurse found you! No telling what kind of damage could have been done otherwise! Stay safe...

C5-C7 Walking Quad

How did you get a SCI from overdosing on drugs? Where you abusing them?

faster than a speeding ticket

Thank God you cannot overdose from medical marijuana.and has never been a death from it recorded in the usa,1000 a yr die from asprin...you can control how much you need, if you do to much you will just clean out the fridge.
    Old sci friends that have used pot insted of other meds are in alot better shape then people messed up from other meds over the years.
    I would NEVER think of ever taking vicodin,xanax,darvocet,fentanyl,clonipen, ect,ect,ect it is crazy.

Originally posted by solarscar69:

Originally posted by TINAMARIE:

C5-C7 Walking Quad

How did you get a SCI from overdosing on drugs? Where you abusing them?

faster than a speeding ticket

Well, I guess an overdose could be considered abuse. It caused an ischemic stroke in my spinal cord.

C5-C7 Walking Quad

Originally posted by Brian:

Thank God you cannot overdose from medical marijuana.and has never been a death from it recorded in the USA,1000 a yr die from asprin...you can control how much you need, if you do to much you will just clean out the fridge.
    Old sci friends that have used pot instead of other meds are in alot better shape then people messed up from other meds over the years.
    I would NEVER think of ever taking vicodin,xanax,darvocet,fentanyl,clonipen, ect,ect,ect it is crazy.
    Brian, you are fortunate that marijuana works well for you on your pain. for many people it doesn't work. i am fortunate that acupuncture has in the long run worked well for me and reduced my need for other pain medications.

metronycguy

How many acupuncture treatments did you have? Do you still have them? Simon was having 2 treatments a week, then 1 a week. He had his last treatment a week ago because there didn't seem to be a difference in the pain level. We think he had less swelling in his feet and he wasn't getting heartburn quite so often.

Have any of the rest of you had luck with acupuncture?

mrsnomis
    (spouse of imnomis T-12 incomplete)

whiterabbit11

How scary for you. You've got to keep track of what you're taking if there is no one at home to track it with you. Just be careful!

Si felt like he had an overdose after taking just one Elavil. It put him out for over 15 hours and he had to force himself to get up at that. He hasn't taken another one since. I think it helped with the pain, but he prefers having the pain to losing himself.

By the way, I'm pretty dense sometimes. What is the charcoal all about?

mrsnomis
    (spouse of imnomis T-12 incomplete)

imnomis
    acupuncture i go 2x a week for almost 3 years now.
    i believe it took a while to get effects at least a month for initial.
    i was able to stop the anti seizure meds about 6 months ago.

how much elavil was your spouse taking? it makes you sleepy. so its best to take in evening before bed. 10 to 20 mg works well for neuropain, at least for me. the sleepiness during daytime is supposed to get better(hopefully) after a couple weeks.