Thread: 1000 electrfied sabres of fire

1000 electrfied sabres of fire

...are dancing up & down my left arm. only occurs in the left side, on the innervated parts of the upper arm (c5 complete lesion, little higher on left side). usually in the morning as i get up, but not every morning (maybe 4 outta 7 days). what's stranger is that it lasts anywhere between 10 to 1 hour, no pattern or indications prior to. super-sensitive to any stimuli; touch, wind, anything flares it up. no meds against it, just not worth treating, but just annoying to wake up to.

anybody got similar pain? suggestions? anything???

~Velcro holds my life together~

this also happens to me daily, and usually worse when i first wake up..it seems as if all my nerves are "sparking" awake...its extremly painful and sometimes i get a really bad headache right at the end of the sparking nerves...sometimes my left hand feels as if there is no skin, as if it has been ripped off...noone can touch me, not even me..my fingertips can't touch plastic at anytime... feels like they have no skin attached either...and the doctors describe this pain as a burning sensation?...what an understatment

Among other sensations, I feel like all the skin has been scraped off my abdomen and my shoulder blades. Burning is far from an adequate description.

meson,

As you can already see from the other posts, you're certainly not alone with this sort of pain. I've heard from many other people that also relate this sort of miserable stabbing, electrical, out-of-the-blue pain, torturing them without warning.

You might want to check out these webpages:

http://www.painonline.org/shoot.htm
    (a short, dry article. It's on my site, but it's a rather old page in need of updating)

http://www.centralpain.org/articles/Dani.htm
    (A much longer article that's a personal account of life with central pain)

David Berg

I THINK OF YOU ALL EVERYDAY AND PRAY YOUR PAIN AND MINE WILL GO AWAY OR AT LEAST LESSON WITH TIME..BEFORE I FOUND THIS SITE, AND LISTENED TO ALL THE STORIES OF HORROR.. I DIDN'T THINK I COULD LIVE WITH THIS PAIN...I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT WAS HAPPENING TO ME..I THOUGHT I WAS ALL ALONE...I TAKE GREAT COMFORT IN KNOWING THAT I WILL BE CONNECTED TO INFORMATION THAT COULD HELP ME FEEL BETTER AND THAT ALL OF YOU UNDERSTAND MY PAIN AS I FEEL YOURS...TRUE..HORRIBLE PAIN...I THOUGHT WHEN YOU BROKE YOUR NECK, YOU JUST COULDN'T FEEL ANYMORE..BUT BOY WAS I WRONG...NO DOCTORS OR PT'S TOLD ME OF PAIN THAT COULD RESULT WITH A SRINAL CHORD INJURY..THANK GOD I FINALLY FOUND A PAIN CLINIC. AND THANK GOD I FOUND ALL OF YOU THAT UNDERSTAND THE HORRORS OF LIVING WITH THIS PAIN...I THANK YOU ALL AND WISH YOU ALL A HAPPY PAIN FREE DAY..