Thread: ouch!

ouch!

Well its been a while since Ive visted the site. I have suffered from 3 and 4th degree burn to my lower back. I fell asleep on a heating pad. It was too low and I couldnt feel it. 8 hrs later...my skin was falling off! I have a hole there now and will hopfully get a graph in December. The reason I had the heating pad there in the first place is from this stupid low back pain ive had since my injury. I have scoliousios (spelling) so bad. i still sit crooked. Now I will have to wait until this burn thing gets taken care of then see if they will take out the rods,and do the surgery to straighten my back..So talk about PAIN and NO RELIEF! Im now on Somas and Viox. doenst do a dame thing ill tell ya! anyone got some helpful info or know of a good Dr. in Ca. who specializes in scoaliocious(spelling sorry..you know when your spin is crooked..)

Scoliosis. That's an orthopedist's department, usually.

Falling asleep on a heating pad is not good, as you found out. Hope you heal fast.

I'm glad you're feeling well enough to post messages again! I'm sorry to hear about your burn. They happen so easily when you can't feel the heat. Shortly after I was released from the rehab center, a friend was trying to help me recover some ROM in my elbow. Of course, a heating pad was involved. I sat right there, diligently exercising my arm while I burned a hole in it. My husband freaked when he found the third-degree burn on the back of my arm a few hours later.

There, now you can tell another story about SCI and a burn.

crashgirl, it is so good that you are back online. I don't know if this is helpful but an orthopedic surgeon that I use to work with at NYU Medical Center is Dr. Gordon Engler, currently Director of Scoliosis and Spinal Surgery at the LA Country and USC Medical Center. He is probably the most experienced person that I know in the scoliosis surgery field. In addition, he has a lot of experience with spinal injury surgery as well. His web site is http://www.usc.edu/schools/medicine/...ty/Engler.html. You can use my name as referral if you have trouble getting an appointment. Wise.

thank you...

I cant thank you all enought for such a quick response!
    Dr.Young I will defentialy call the dr. you recomended.
    I will keep you all posted!
    Thank you again!
    Crash