Thread: 4-AP for SCI related pain

4-AP for SCI related pain

I am a 47 year old male with partial spinal cord injury and have been ambulatory and stable since 1992. Currently, I experience a deficit in movement in my lower left leg as well as experiencing the spasticity and pain resulting from SCI. There are times when the discomfort from the spasticity and pain is excruciating. For these reasons I am very interested in Dr. Young's discoveries with 4-AP and have questions.

I understand from my research that it has not yet been FDA approved in the US but accessible through many pharmacies and can be prescribed by physicians.

As my residence is in Vancouver, BC Canada, would anyone know where or with whom can I obtain 4-AP in Canada? I am also interested, if possible, in becoming a human patient for your current/future experimentation with 4-AP.

I thank you in advance and look forward to hearing from you.

N. Singh

Mel,

Acorda has started Ph III trials in 40 of the 75 planned centers in the US and Canada. I have phoned today and they are currently taking applications to some selected centers. The phone number (866-206-2322) is good in Canada also. This number is to the call center taking info for the study. Phone lines are open til 7pm EST. More info about 4-AP may be obtained by using the search function on this site. Enter "4-AP". You can obtain some good info on the "cure" forum topic on this site. The 27th thread down has alot of good info pertaining to where to obtain 4-AP. Good luck. Keep in mind, there is a difference between the sustained formulation of the drug from Acorda. The compounding pharmacies also have a sustained release compound as well as caplets, immediate release formulation. Make sure you get your dosages correct depending on which compound you take. Obviously, if your accepted by Acorda they will inform you of their prescribed dosage.

Dr. Young..by the way, just though I would pass this on. When I phoned the call center, the gal that answered the phone said that she and others there regulary visit this site and have high praise for the work your doing. All I did was mention Carecure, she and I had a nice long talk about the site. Carecure just might be my new "pickup line"

Mel... here is a link with some good info http://www.csro.com/3-0.html

[This message was edited by chasb on Aug 19, 2002 at 05:46 PM.]