Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Neurontin & Pregnancy

Thank you so much Jal!! That really makes me feel better. I'm also so glad to hear your daughter was able to breast feed while taking the Neurontin. I had pretty much settled on the awful decision that breast feeding was probably out for me. Was Neurontin the only medication your daughter took while pregnant? Sorry for all of these questions but it's so hard to find a good source for information. Thanks again!

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step".-Confucius

Other medication

Hi Phillis,

The only other medication she was taking was senikot for her bowels and that was it. I will check with her, but I think that was it.
    Please don't ever say you sorry for asking questions that is what we are here for to support and help one another. Believe me I have asked so many questions and I will continue to do so to help my daughter. My son-in-law is wonderful and I am constantly sending him information and asking what he thinks. I will speak with my daughter tomorrow and see if she was taking anything else. I don't think so. I do know she worked out until about a month before she delivered my grandaughter. She tried to stand the whole time, she stopped walking a couple of months after she find out she was pregnant, but continued to ride her hand bike and stand and does alot of stretching until a month before delivery and worked with very light weights. She is now back on the bike and walking and exercising everyday. She rides her bike an hour everyday. She also has no response to the fes but did ride the ergys bike at Barnes & Jewish with John McDonald. Dr.McDonald told her to make that her job to work out as much as possible. My daughter,son-in-law and my grandauther will be going to project walk after the holidays for a week.

Please don't hesitate to ask away.

Take care.

Jal,

I was told that breastfeeding is not an option for me because of several of the other meds I am taking do get excreted in breastmilk. You need to check for each medication whether this will be a problem or not.

Just FYI, my o.b. does NOT recommend Senokot for nursing mothers because the drug does pass through breast milk and can irritate the baby's digestive tract. He recommends only Colasce if any kind of stool softener is needed.

Phillis, any news on pregnancy? Have you started trying yet? I can't believe I am almost there -- 6.5 months and counting! I have started to look huge and have started having problems transferring to/from my wheelchair. But the babies are doing great (they each weigh about 2 pounds now) and I found out I am having a boy and a girl! I am so excited, this was the best news of all!

good luck!

Hi Chipper!

I was so glad to read to your post! I've been wondering how you were managing since you are expecting twins. I'm glad to hear you're doing so well. Congratulations on having a boy and a girl!! That's great news! I haven't started trying to get pregnant yet. It will probably be at least a year until I do start trying. We're getting married this October (the date was postponed for awhile due to my accident). I'm just a worrier so I wanted to find out as much as possible before we do start trying. You've been a great help and I hope you'll be a good resource for me when I am pregnant! Keep me informed of any problems you encounter. So far it sounds like you're doing great! Thanks again for all of your help.

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step".-Confucius