Thread: Is this new? Trial Information-Summary: Clinical neuropharmacology of Pain in Spinal Cord Injury

Is this new? Trial Information-Summary: Clinical neuropharmacology of Pain in Spinal Cord Injury

Trial Information

Summary: Clinical neuropharmacology of Pain in Spinal Cord Injury
    Massachusetts General Hospital Department of Anesthesia is conducting a research project to evaluate investigational drugs as a treatment for specific types of pain caused by spinal cord injury (SCI).

Patient Inclusion/Exclusion Criteria:

Individuals between the ages of 18 and 70 with SCI who have had persistent pain for a minimum of 3 months following SCI may be eligible. The study requires 5 or 6 hospital visits over the course of 31 weeks.

Kate Jenkins Research Coordinator
    Massachusetts General Hospital
    Fruit Street
    Boston, MA 02115
    Telephone: 617-724-0330
    Email: PainTrials@partners.org

NotSo New

MA General has been conducting pain research related to SCI using humans since at least 1998. Back when NSCIA had a bullentin board they were posting for particiants. This looks like a related study that involves more follow up. I have a friend from the Boston area who particpated and he liked the concept. They were active in using PVA and NSCIA members and provided a fair amount of patient information.

Seneca,

Thanks for posting this. I had already listed it under the Trials Forum. http://carecure.org/forum/showthread.php?t=39688.

I have just added some addition information to the trial.

Wise.

[This message was edited by Wise Young on October 03, 2001 at 08:50 PM.]