Thread: Managing Pain

Managing Pain

Friday September 21 12:40 PM EDT
    Managing Pain

(HealthScoutNews) -- Dealing with chronic pain can be tough. For the patient, of course, there's the constant hurt. But doctors also struggle with the problem.
    The Tampa (Fla.) Medical Group says chronic pain is particularly difficult to treat because there's no way to diagnose the problem other than by what a patient says. Then, the doctor has to figure out which of six therapies will work best.

The medical group says the six therapies are: antidepressants, anticonvulsants, opiates, behavioral therapies, nerve blocks and implantable devices that release measured doses of medication. If you have chronic pain, consult your doctor to find a treatment that works for you.

Tampa Medical Group

Is their a way I can contact them ? I looked in the Tampa Yellow pages.

thanks
    craig

Craig,

I looked up "Tampa Medical Group" online and this is what I found, I don't know if this is the above referenced group though.

http://www.tampamedicalgroup.com/

neuropathic pain

I left an e-mail with them this morning seneca.

They have a good site and if they practice what they say I might get together with them.

I am mainly looking for someone to regulate my oral meds. I believe I have moved beyond my local doc's realm.

I hate the thought of a pump so I am hoping for some break throughs in the near future.

Thanks for the link !!!
    craig