Thread: Chronic Pain

Chronic Pain

I hurt my right SI joint 5 years ago with pain radiating to right leg. 2 years ago the pain radiated to both legs. Now I had pain all over my body, the most severe being buttock pain and pain at thighs and legs. I also have pins and needles sensation at both feet. I can now only work few hours a day. Walking is still Ok but sitting is really painful. I have no disc problem and had a spinal surgery over the SI nerves to remove cysts at S1 and S2 last year. Now I found it is not helpful at all. I am really desperate and am undergoing physiotherapy, swimming, do streching ...... trying to do everything I can possibly do. Still the pain is intolerable. I have tried medicine (neurotin, baclofen, and many others but none help). Is there anything you think that can help?

Winnie

Have you tried Elavil (Amitriptyline)?

Yes, I am on Amitriptyline. It doesn't help ease the pain. It helps me to get to sleep. The tightness over the buttocks and thighs and legs gets worse especially when I sit. The only thing that helps a little is streching. I am already doing it 12 times a day. The pain is still intolerable.

Winnie

My spasms started approximately 3 weeks after my T7 Complete accident. And progressed up to, again approximately 6 months post accident. The neuropathic pain started at about 6 or 7 months post accident and progressed quickly. At first it felt like my penis was in a vise and a large pipe up my butt. Now I suffer pain everywhere from my injury down. Tom