Thread: popping shoulder blade

popping shoulder blade

One of the aspects that adds to my pain in the shoulder blade region is the popping of my shoulder blades. My right blade only pops occasionally, but my left blade pops any time I move my left arm. Anyone else have a similar problem? Is there some exercise I could do that ould stop this from happening? I'm a C-5, so the muscles that are supposed to hold the shoulder blades in place are probably not innervated.

out of my league

Alan,

I've been hoping someone would jump in with an idea for you on this one. It's totally out of my league. My only thought on the matter is that you should try consulting with an orthopedic surgeon with experience with spinal injuries.

Good luck!

David Berg

Shoulder pops

Sounds like you've screwed up your rotator cuff. It is common wfrom working a wheel chair. Short of surgery, check out the e-motion chair at Frank's Mobility on the web. I've used it for about 4 months and it is fantastic. It is a booster, not a substitute.

Those suckers are popping more and more, probably related to my worsening scoliosis. I hate looking and feeling crooked. And that feeling of vertebrae squashed onto each other.

Plus all the other central pain sensations, of course. No wonder I don't sleep.

Alan

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

My B/F has this same problem. He says it doesn't bother him but I know it has to. That left shoulder of his is always popping.

alan , can your doc prescribe a pt or ot to your home?
    sounds like they may be able to evaluate and help with this.

I had a PT coming by in the fall. She wasn't able to figure out anything. We tried TENS, muscle stim, and even some exercise.

Alan

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"