Thread: Gone fishing

Gone fishing

Hello,

I recently started fishing again after having my injury. I was injured i June last year, and came out of rehabilitation center end of january this year, so the weather has mot been ok before now. I found out that I had to swap the old 8" rod with a new 7" because it is much easier to handle, especially when casting ? the line, i get much better distance, and a lot more controll overall.

But now to my question.
    Until now I have gone with my brother, and in that situation I have no problem, because when I catch a fish, he goes down and picks it up with the net, and kills it, no problem.
    But what if I should like to go alone one day, how do others both master the fishing rod and pick up the fish, without risking falling into the water, as I see it I only have 2 hands, and controlling the chair combined with fighting a fish I have no idea how it will work. Does anyone have any tips. How do you do it ?

what you fishing for sharks , why you have to kill them? i have a acre pond out back , with cats , bass , hybred stipped bass , all getting into the 5 lbs + size. i have a peice of PVC pipe 1 1/2" mounted on the electric chair for a rod holder. for line i use 10 lb test and i can place the rod into the holder and then pull the fish in using only the line when he gets tired and let him go. hope that helps

i only wanted to have some fun

hey im a big fisherman myself, im a quad so it's also very difficult for me to handle certian things, i carp fish, 8-25 pounders, and yes pvc pipes are my saviour as well. im in A manual chair, and i have 3 strapped to the back for travel, then i rather stake one in the ground, or put them between my breaks and wheel. i use a 6'6" for carp, stripers,with braded line, then a 5'5" for bass, picks, cats, then theres the 4'8"noodle for gills, crapie, etc. what kind of fish do you go for in denmark? you might like the braded line better, are you a quad? do you have good breaks? shore/boat? ledge/flat ground?

We have lots of different fish here, both fresh and saltwater. I dont know the names of all the different species, but I think they are mainly the same common types as in other countries.
    During the last many years, the nature preservation organisations, have been working on changing our only true river, back to its original state with all the turns and different widthts. And now we see the result from their efforts as a special type of salmon that was common before the river was stretchced out, is returning and growing in number. This year is the first year they have started fishing after it, and until now the catch reports look very promising.

I usually fish for trout, I enjoy eating them and they put up a fair fight when you catch them. The smaller ones at about 1 kg. is no problem they are not bigger than I can handle them, but larger ones I have no idea how to controll alone.
    I am a paraplegic and use a manual chair, my main concern about the larger fish is how to get them on land without loosing them. I use a quite thin line and I am pretty sure they will be able to snap it if they start figting on land.
    The ground is usually very soft close to the water, and the ground is seldom level, so I dare not get too close, especially if I am working on landing a fish at the same time.
    Until now, my brother have been there with me, and he have then taken the fish with the net once I get it close enough so it is not a problem when he is there, but I would like to be able to go alone too
    Originally posted by JoeFresh:

hey im a big fisherman myself, im a quad so it's also very difficult for me to handle certian things, i carp fish, 8-25 pounders, and yes pvc pipes are my saviour as well. im in A manual chair, and i have 3 strapped to the back for travel, then i rather stake one in the ground, or put them between my breaks and wheel. i use a 6'6" for carp, stripers,with braded line, then a 5'5" for bass, picks, cats, then theres the 4'8"noodle for gills, crapie, etc. what kind of fish do you go for in denmark? you might like the braded line better, are you a quad? do you have good breaks? shore/boat? ledge/flat ground?