Thread: anyone been too florida?

anyone been too florida?

hey, im going to florida in a month.around the tampa/st petersburg/ clearwater beach area. anyone know were or how i can find a hotel with roll in shower?

J2

Two suggestions:

-Call the PVA chapter office in Tampa and ask where they have people stay when they are visiting from out of town. They should know about those hotels with roll-in showers.

-Check out this site and do a search under "Tampa".

(KLD)

J2-

The Embassy Suites in Tampa on the USF campus has roll in showers in their accessable rooms. I don't have the direct number but if you call 1-800-EMBASSY that's their reservation line & they can give you the direct number.

Their accessable rooms are great!! I couldn't think of a thing to change in them. There is plenty of room to move around in a chair, lots of room in the bathroom, a roll in shower, plenty of space between the beds to get a chair in & elevated frames that a lift could roll under.

As you can tell, I was very impressed with their rooms. I've stayed there a few times in the last 6 months.

'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

I stayed at a hotel called Crown Sterling It was really nice but expensive. it also was before my SCI so I don't know about the shower situation It's made in like a square and has a pool in the center, and another little building where a lady cook's breakfast for you,"doesn't cost you" but if you want to tip her you can.

Just thought it might be a place you might check into.

Go to Hooter's in Clearwater while you are there, It's the original first one.

Boy, this is embarrassing. I live in Tampa and can't give any suggestions on hotels. J2 if I can provide you any information on other things let me know. The hotel that BrokenWing talked about is close to Busch Gardens but kind of far from the beaches. Not sure where the hotel is that Duge talked about or what you want to do while in this area. Mike

T12 Incomplete - Walking with Crutches, Injured in Oct 2003

Mike-

it only makes sense that you don't have great knowledge of local hotels because you don't have the need for them, typically....Hurricanes not included ....I wouldn't know the first thing about accessable hotels here in Orlando....You know of any, shoould I need to know?

Yes, I am sorry, I didn't mention that it was a little ways from the beaches. It is right down the street from Busch Gardens & Adventure Island(water park).

'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

Hi 'Chelle, my wife and I used to have season passes to Disney and we'd go a few times a month. But we haven't been since my accident - I really don't like to spend a lot of time in my wheelchair and know that if we go to Disney I'd have to. Hopefully we'll go to Orlando one of these days and I'll let you know if I find a good accessible hotel. Sure do hope we don't have a string of hurricanes like last year. Don't know if I can go through that stress again! Mike

T12 Incomplete - Walking with Crutches, Injured in Oct 2003