Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Handcycle question..

Handcycle question..

Im getting a handcycle this spring and im torn between the Quikie Mach 2 and the Top End excelorator...I know Fuente has the Top End,does anybody have the Mach2?

Im just wondering what the difference between the short and standard frame is of the Quickie and i cant seem to find a pic them to see it...Which would be easier to transfer to for a c5/6?

Has anybody had experience with both these cycles? Which offers the better options? I can only ask because when comes to ordering these types of things,i just sometimes dont understand what im reading.Like the Quickie has adjustable seat height,are they talking about the dump? Things come in standard and short,im 5'10 and a bit,am i standard or short and things like that...Thanks folks

~~If it feels good do it even if ya shouldnt,dont let people mess you around~~

I have the sun yellow top end and it has been great... easy to transfer to... good luck

Originally posted by fuentejps:

shaun reconsider. i have that one, that stupid spring on the steering is worthless. the quikie one is way better, it has to pistons instead of the spring.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    originally posted by Shaun:
    Thanks for tip buddy,the guys i deal with for all my chairs were pushin the Top End on me,i didnt even know Quickie made one.Do you know if this cycle can come with a collapsible neck on it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    originally posted by fuentejps:
    the neck goes up and down. the cool thing about the quickie is the seat slides forward and back like a manual car seat,. a guy i play rugby w/ bought the quickie about 6 mths after i bought the top end. much nicer
    --------------------------------------------

What about the dump,is it adjustable as well? and do you know what difference in frames are? Id like the rear wheels back as far as they can go so i have more of a transfer area,ya know what i mean?

Hey Mike,i cant find anything on your model of bike! Is it called a Sun Yellow Top End? or is it Sun Yellow?

Originally posted by Shaun:

Originally posted by fuentejps:
    shaun reconsider. i have that one, that stupid spring on the steering is worthless. the quikie one is way better, it has to pistons instead of the spring.
    originally posted by Shaun:
    Thanks for tip buddy,the guys i deal with for all my chairs were pushin the Top End on me,i didnt even know Quickie made one.Do you know if this cycle can come with a collapsible neck on it?

originally posted by fuentejps:
    the neck goes up and down. the cool thing about the quickie is the seat slides forward and back like a manual car seat,. a guy i play rugby w/ bought the quickie about 6 mths after i bought the top end. much nicer
    --------------------------------------------

What about the dump,is it adjustable as well? and do you know what difference in frames are? Id like the rear wheels back as far as they can go so i have more of a transfer area,ya know what i mean?

Hey Mike,i cant find anything on your model of bike! Is it called a Sun Yellow Top End? or is it Sun Yellow?

SHAUN, CALL THAT BIKE PLACE IN THE OTHER THREAD, IM SURE THEY CAN ANSWER ANY LINGERING QUESTIONS, SHIT CAPS ON

Shaun,

I use a Quickie Mach 2. I've had it for quite a few years. 7 speed.

I had no problems at all with tranfers (t5-6 complete, 6' (So I assume standard)).
    The seat rides on a lockable rail. There is a lever under the seat that one pulls on to unlock the seat. Keeping this pulled out allows the user so slide the seat back and forth. hard to do while you are in the seat. Easier if you are out.

Hey thanks Cappy....what about the dump,is adjustable to?

Originally posted by Shaun:

Hey thanks Cappy....what about the dump,is adjustable to?

The dump is setup when they take measurements for the bike. Usually determined by the foot support adjustment. I have a slight dump. Didn't feel like I needed a ton because my torso is kept steady by my upper body and cranking. Increasing the dump though would be to raise the foot support. But on the Mach 2, one is in a pretty upright position anyway. So of what I call ...incumbent...cycles you are pretty much laid out.

Do any of these handcycles break down into small pieces for easy transport? They all look too large to be carried in a car.

Dave

Thanks cappy..

Herco,from what i can tell by reading the reviews(of the ones ive been looking at anyways) when it comes to transporting them they scored pretty low.Seems there not very friendly in that reguard..

Hey Shaun I own a Quickie Mach 2. I've had it for two years. The only thing I don't like about it is if you have to back out of anywhere its a pain. But I suppose most of them are like that. If you want to talk to a guy who knows, phone Numobility in S'toon.His name is Duncan. He sold me mine and the guy is a quad also. His number is 242-2266