Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: airport security check

I had no problems at Cleveland or Jacksonville. In Cleveland they just patted me down and did the wand thing, they asked me to take off my shoes and I said "no" they said ok we can do trace test, they did that and I was on my way.

Jack

"Stand strong in the storms of life,The sun will always shine on you" Kid Rock

I'm very impressed with the people working the pat-downs her in Minneapolis Minnesota.
    The last time I flew was in May 2004. they asked me to go into a small room weir I removed my shoes and pat me down. I have no problem with airport security and complying to do anything they request of me. I'm not f-ing off and if it insures my safty, then let the strip search begin. It didn't happen but I would have complied if they asked that of me. Anyways, the women that conducted the pat down on me was probably the most knowledgeable person I ever meet outside the SCI hospital. She asked me stuff like the rods and hardwire in my back, if I had any indwelling catheter, and if I had on any leg or back braces on. Not only did she tell me weir she was going to pat down my back but she was super careful about touching the hypersensitive area of my back. It's like she knew everything about my injury and how to conduct her job without causing any discomfort. Not only did she ask me if she could pat-down between my legs but also asked me if I had a leg bag on and witch lag my catheter was. I told her that I don't have a bag or indwelling catheter. To me, it was very thoughtful that she was concerned not to disturber that stuff if I or anyone ales would need to use.
    To bad their aren't people trained as well as she was at every airport.
    A tip of the hat to the women working at the Mpls. airport.

Originally posted by Mike C:
    if that machine goes off your going to get an unintended colon check so were clean underwear
    Are you serious? I feel sorry for the poor people who do manual stimulation for their bowel program?
    Krystal

www.sciinfertilitysupport.com/phpbb

Krystal,

Of course I used a wee bit o´humor there. Believe me, if the alarm bells went off after a trace testing of your chair failed, then you and your chair are going to be dissected by not only the airport security personnel, but probably by the FBI as well.

"So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

i wonder how long after handling explosives do i need to wait to pass the trace test. i wouldn't want a rectal check just because i was reloading shells the day before.

=It's the people that care for you that hurt you the most=

If your packing bullets, blasting muskets with grade A black powder or playing heat my meal with a chunk of rolled up C4, I suggest an extended shower just before your ready to depart and a thorough chair cleaning anytime within a few days of flying. No need to let Mr. Murphy have a laugh and a half on your expense. He would love to see you getting the business while he gets your freed up seat on the plane.

"So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

I've had to remove a shoe and put my foot up on a thingy. No bigggy. Like Bill B I have been amazed at how well trained the crews are that work cruise ship security as well as airports. No embarassing having to explain everything, they know.

Oh, about the colon check...not so fast Mike. There is trace nitroglycerine in many moistrizers these days. If you set off trace they will ask about things like that and then check your hands if you packed your own bag or have touched it. Even just touching the outside of the bag a day before with some of those products will hit the alarm. Be nice, answer the TSA's questions and getting a physical from an xray tech will probably be avoided.

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."