Thread: hunting from a vehicle

hunting from a vehicle

i know its leagal for a d/a to hunt from vehicle with a permit but doesnt a truck scare away all the critters? i want to take my bus because its high up, all windows, and roomy as hell but it sounds like a sherman tank on crack! its kinda stinky too. also my rifle is a mosin nagant m44 7.62x54R, is that leagal and practical to hunt with? it's a friggin cannon! i'm new at this hunting thing obviously.

please note my new email address: Cspine_ae@msn.com
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Cspine,
    On private land in Texas anybody can hunt game animals and non-migratory game birds from a vehicle. No special permit required, just a hunting license. The only requirement for a hunting rifle used hunting deer in the state of Texas is that it be a center-fire cartridge. Too big? What does that mean? I've killed big game animals with a 243 Win and a 300 Win Mag. Dead is dead. The key is shot placement. As for your bus scaring animals, that depends on how they've been treated in the past. I once hunted on a large ranch where deer would see a vehicle half a mile away and take off running, yet if you were walking you could walk right up on them. They had obviously been harassed from vehicles. My wife and I drove up on 19 mule deer today at approximately 50 yards away, and they just looked at us.
    Good luck.

thanx for the info pc! i should have added that i'd be hunting in washington or oregon as i'm probably moving back to that area soon. the rednecks here are driving me nuts!

please note my new email address: Cspine_ae@msn.com

Damn Cspine, we can ALL go hunting in that thing! When I first started hunting again 10 years post, I only hunted from my van because these quad hands just couldn't get it into the woods, fields enough to do any good. Besides, here in Va. on the places I hunt, the deer are used to seeing and being close to vehicles. They paid no attention to it at all. My 2nd year back hunting I shot an 8 pointer at 20 yards as he walked back to a cornfield to bed down.

Now I hunt almost entirely from my powerchair. I just enjoy being out there closer to the game.

Let's get together and slap some camo paint on that thing and hit some of those big Texas senderos.

Robin

"You can't fall off the floor!"