Thread: Tennis

Tennis

Firstly, I must say that Federer may be the best tennis player I have ever seen..better than Sampras, Agassi, Lendl and whoever else you may name. I love watching tennis and have yet to see any player with the skill of this player.

Secondly, because of the Serena incident, undoubtedly replay is needed and necessary. I am tempted to say that there was some cheating going on with the calls against Serena. Balls so much in play should not have been called out unless there is prejudice.

Yes Federer is an outstanding tennis player. He also doesn't have a coach like most tennis players. I also like Roddick. Roddick is young and may surpass Federer in skills he already has a lighting quick serve. I look forward to future matches between these two.

JOE

I do also look forward to the Roddick Federer matchup. Roddick though needs to make it to the big dance more consistently. Federer has a solid serve and keeps the ball in play. I think he may be smarter than everyone else right now.

Also, how the hell does Dementieva get so deep in tournaments with such a weak serve. Why don't her opponents step around her serve and smack it down the baseline. I am not a tennis player at all so maybe someone who plays can explain this to me.

gettinup,,,when receiving a weak serve and this is coming from someone who is strickly a baseline player,,,it's hard as hell to get the speed back on the ball, it comes at u soooo slow,,,just drops, so u're not able to really do anything with the return and the other player then takes advantage of the weak return,
    stormie

why all the commas u might ask,,,lol i was on a cleaning frenzy; i sucked my period key right off my laptop with the vacuum cleaner!

Well, I would also say that Federer is a great player already in his young career. He is smart, smarter than most. His game is also almost without a weakness yet I would not go as far as say that he is a better player than Sampras. Of all of the greatest players that have played since the 80's and films of the greatest player back in the earlier days, I think it is clear that Sampras has the best physique and smoothness most fitting to the game of tennis.
    I think that Federer has the potential to be as great as player as Sampras but he has more work to do.
    Also, if you have ever played tennis, you will know that bad calls are part of the game. But, you will find that the bad calls even themselves out in the end. And I wouldnt say that there was som conspiracy against Serena, I would say from my own experience the bad calls were obviously even themselves out.