Thread: What do you do for regular exercise?

What do you do for regular exercise?

My husband is getting to about middle age and even though he is thin and overall healthy, his choloesterol is a bit elevated. So we are going to go low fat, and lean twards a healthy lifestyle. I exercise several times a week but my husband doesnt. He is very active at work and strong. But his doctor said work doesnt count and thinks he should exercise 3 times a week for 30 minutes at least. He is a para.

So just a question to other scis, what do you do to stay in shape?

Cardio for 30 minutes per day, six times a week (stationary handcycle) and work out with weights three times a week.

Clipper,

What do you do to keep from getting bored when you are cranking on your handcycle? I have tried listening to music, but after about ten minutes,with mine,I give it up. I admire your motivation.

T 6/7 Complete
    Injured 4/20/74

Originally posted by Spadfan:

What do you do to keep from getting bored when you are cranking on your handcycle? I have tried listening to music, but after about ten minutes,with mine,I give it up. I admire your motivation.
    Music mostly. I've also positioned my cycle right in front of a window, overlooking a huge pine tree. I tend to daydream a lot when cycling.

Moving this over to the Exercise forum.

(KLD)