Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: concealed weapons

concealed weapons

Where and how do you conceal your's? I like ankle holsters best because I have small calves and can wear it on my leg instead of my ankle..but that means I have to wear a dress. Shoulder holsters are only good in the winter when I can wear a jacket. Any nifty new holsters being made? I was shown a purse at the gun store that was specifically made to carry a gun, had a special secured pocket where you could access it quickly, but frankly, the purse was hideous, and I don't think carrying a gun in a purse is really safe, secured or not, for lots of reasons. So, I just thought I'd ask if anyone has purchased or seen any good products lately. This may not be the place to post this, but I was afraid it would get lost in Life Forum, but if moderators think it should be moved, that's okay.

Thanks!

Carol

Where the hell do you live??

You know , you can get shot playing like that.

Brian C/5
    http://bspill1.home.comcast.net

X, I just helped a friend of mine who is a C-8 fit a holster to his waist. He wears a bulky shirt and with that upcomming quad belly , you can't tell he's packing. He just recently qualified for his CHL.

For a lady though, if you have good trunk control, your ankle may be best with a small S&W .380. Need gun advice, I'm full of it .

Originally posted by booster:

X, I just helped a friend of mine who is a C-8 fit a holster to his waist. He wears a bulky shirt and with that upcomming quad belly , you can't tell he's packing. He just recently qualified for his CHL.

For a lady though, if you have good trunk control, your ankle may be best with a small S&W .380. Need gun advice, I'm full of it .
    thanks booster... I don't have an SCI. I have a .38 special for out and about, but my favorite is the .38 S&W with the longer barrel...I only carry it around home where it can be out in the open...it's too cumbersome to conceal, but it's a sweet gun. It belonged to my husband's grandfather and it's nice to shoot! It's my favorite for targets. I was thinking of getting a little .22 semi I saw, cause it's really small and I could put it in my pocket and wear pants, but I think I'd only piss someone off if I had to use it. In a situation like that I'd not have a chance to aim for the eyes. Hopefully, that day will never come....

I'll have to check out the .380...the .38 is kind of heavy on my leg, even though it's not that big of a gun. You and my husband would get along...he appreciates guns too.

Hmmmm....your friend conceals his weapon like Ray does! See, that belly is good for something besides snuggling!

Bill, I live in the USA...need I say more?
    And your'e right, guns are not a playing matter. I always say there is no such thing as a "gun accident", only someone being careless or stupid...but, I suppose those two things are really the same.

Peace guys! Carol

Check out the fanny packs made to carry a weapon. A loop connected to two zippers is pulled across revealing the entire interior in one motion, use your control hand to remove the weapon. I like it mounted underneath my seat sted the standard one from the chair manufacturer. BTW what freedom here! - this topic on another forum I belong to is enough to get you booted. There it was affectionately referred to as the 'Glock in the Tank Bag' thread.

X, a .22 should not be carried out and about. Due to the range and velocity, if you shot at someone or even struck them you risk killing someone a mile away. A .38 is usually bulky, and if a revolver it's a 'K' frame, so it's a little wide for your ankle. The .380 bullet (same diameter as your .38 special) is a bit smaller (case) than a 9mm, has slightly less stopping power, but will stop someone, especially if you double pop them. Very little recoil, small frame, means it's a ladie's dream gun. You also have less risk of hurting someone innocent.

My personal fav is a .40 S&W bullet, loaded into my H&K gun. It is a bit bulky for a small guy like me, but I like it. It puts a really big hole in things. For personal, I have a Sig .357 auto. It only holds five rounds, it's a small pistol, and I have a holster that fits in my waist line. As long as I do not tuck in my shirt, it is conceled. I hate to shoot it though because I have a very week left arm and a troubled right shoulder. But, if I need to stop someone, I will fire two shots into them and worry about the pain later .

thanks fotogrl! I'll have to check into those fanny packs! Sounds good! I'm not surprised a gun topic got blasted somewhere. I think they've actually been blasted here before, but oh well! Not going to let that stop me from asking the question.

thanks booster! The .380 really does sound like a good gun for me. Yes, like you say, the .38 is a bit bulky and that is what bothers me...feels like I've got an exercise weight on my leg! Thanks for all your advice...you are a sweeeelll guy! Too bad you live all the way out in Texas. We'd have fun target shooting. Ray and I try to go when we can. We have two pretty good places to go.

you said:

But, if I need to stop someone, I will fire two shots into them and worry about the pain later .
    Yes, I agree and I've always been told that if your'e in that situation you won't even be feeling any pain anyway from the adrenaline pumping. Even if you did, it's better to hurt than to be murdered.

Peace boys and girls! Carol

Yea, but the adrenaline does not come until after the fear, your heart in your throat, tunnel vision, starting to shake, and the feeling of about to pee your pants. So, it better be a real good situation before you even pull out the gun, because once you draw it, there is almost no turning back.

I try to avoid or escape the situations, works 95% of the time.

The shooting range is fun with a good gun, get a ton of practice .

Exactly booster Like I've heard (don't know, I've never done them!) in martial arts, the first line of defending yourself is to run away if you can. Even at my age, I'm definitely much better at avoiding and escaping than I am at dealing with the aftermath of a shooting. Peace!

Stuff ''ME'' in your bra,i'll be your concealed weapon baby

~Never mistake motion for action~-Ernest Hemmingway