Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Must-see/do in Paris?

OK ... my flight (Air France) leaves Miami tonight at 11.20pm. I must still pack. I've been so nervous this entire weekend. However, I am excited and thank you again and upon my return to the US, will post photos :-)

Greetings, Andrea

PS. One bonus: One of my best friends I've known since Middle School is in Sweden and flying back the same day, same flight thru De Gaulle. It's so ironic! We didn't arrange it, but we'll try to sit together :-)

She's gone so I can say it: I HATE PARIS!!!

The country side was nice though.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by booster:
    (edited)

QUOTE]

LOL!
    I've never been, although some family has. They did not care for the city either.
    Kids complained about dog poop everywhere!
    My brother-in-law and sister do love the place though.......

Booster, first you hate California, now you hate Paris. You're entitled to your opinion my friend but is there any place you love other than Texas--and well of course Louisiana?

Originally posted by booster:

The country side was nice though.
    I have been there twice and I did not like it either.

TH 12 incomplete 12-12-69.

Paris was dirty, the people are rude, my car was broke into and the police did not give two cents. When I called the rent-a-car company, they laughed and said "you must be american, they hate americans" and that was ten years ago!

Marth my dear, of course I love Texas and Lousy-anna. But, I love Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, some parts of Florida, and parts of a few other states. As for countries, been to many, like few. Germany, the homeland is great, Yucatan region of Mexico (as long as it's not Cancun), Hungry, Netherlands, the Eastern countryside of France, some parts of England, and a few others.

Originally posted by lel42:

I was born and raised in Europe, and been all over it. Paris was my best experience. Andrea, I envy you...

"What are the things to do in Paris?" A lot - you name it... Lots of seightseeing: Arc de Triomphe, Eiffel Tower, Les Champs-Elysées Boulevard and the beautiful restaurants on the side, the Church/Museum of Notre Dame - the Cathedrale of Paris (have you seen the movie ? - that's where it takes place. A very old movie, Brigid Bordo plays in that movie) don't forget to visit its georgeus garden outside, Louvre (it's huge, it took me at least one week to visit the whole thing) & Orsay Museums, Seine Bridges, Disneyland, Chatelet with lots of fashion butiques etc, etc...

Shanon, are you talking about the cemetary of Montparnasse?

Paris is huge and expensive...subways are a litle bit comlicated, not sure how wc accessible they are.

Anyways, I'm sure you guys are going to have an unforgetable experience. Make sure you take some pictures, and when you come back post some of them here..

Good luck,
    Lel
    You also could go to the Opera, to the cinema museum, enjoy the odeurs and the savoir vivre on Rue Mouffetard. Dine in a Maroccean Restaurant on Place St. Michel...do you like Couscous? You could visit von Gogh, Toulouse Lautrec and all the others in Quai d'Orsay.... have a drink in a bistro where a chanconniers are playing accordeon and singing Plaisir d'amour - talking about Baudelaire, Rimbaud and Henry de Nerval...he wrote Aurelia...you could spend a mild evening on the hill of Sacre Coeur, overlooking all and everything...

Bon Voyage,
    OneBlueNatalie

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Liz321:

Originally posted by booster: (edited)

QUOTE]

LOL!
    I've never been, although some family has. They did not care for the city either.
    Kids complained about dog poop everywhere!
    My brother-in-law and sister do love the place though.......
    Wee-Wee In Pari! Its ok, she hates Americans attitudes, so its all good.
    http://newmobility.com/ubbcgi/ultima...1;t=013714;p=7

"I guess pain is a great motivator."- Yanni
    Eine Welf, Ein Volk

Originally posted by booster:

Paris was dirty, the people are rude, my car was broke into and the police did not give two cents. When I called the rent-a-car company, they laughed and said "you must be american, they hate americans" and that was ten years ago!
    Its perfect for her.

"I guess pain is a great motivator."- Yanni
    Eine Welf, Ein Volk

Wow ... perfect holiday. I had no bad experiences whatsoever! I was nervous about "bad attitude" towards Americans, but nothing. Everything was beautiful; accessibility, well, I say a C+; an A if I could count all the times the people offered to help.
    Lizbv, they're playing your movie - Supersize Me :-)

Don't want for this to turn into another NM fiasco with people who have far too much time on their hands critiquing my life. I had a fantastic time and will be going to Mont de Marson (South of France; the Countryside) and Spain in September then hopefully Greece next Summer.
    I'd definately recommend everyone to go :-) What's a life with no risk? Now back to real life and job interviews. But, first... bed!

(Moderators: If the people who seem very intersted in assessing my life, please feel free to lock the thread. I'll also be more than happy to share what was accessible and what was not!)

Greetings, Andrea