Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Horses anyone??

This is Titan and I in 04. He was quite the high-powered mount!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by sw1; 06-20-2012 at 04:58 PM.
    "We are fools whether we dance or not - so we might as well dance."
    Japanese proverb

wheelincowboy is on here he riide all the time sorting cattle western pleasure

lots of people ride

we have a saddle made by a para who team ropes

i shipped my saddle to utah and rode then went in at moab white water rafing for 6days 5 night the colorado

i am c6 c7

nicksmith is on facebook he is awsome

What do you folks do to protect your skin from the bouncing in the saddle?

My sister owns a few horses, competes in Dressage and Hunter/Jumper events. Has since she was a little girl. Went to undergrad school for equestrian studies, and absolutely loves it.

I've been tempted to try, but a buddy went on a donkey ride down into the Grand Canyon and came back with EXPOSED BONE under his arse. Not sure where but that story backed me off the idea.

Love some real world ideas! Custom making a Roho/saddle insert is an idea.

Maybe others just don't worry about it, or have my same risks (chronic flaccidity), but it's never far from my mind.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

padding

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    What do you folks do to protect your skin from the bouncing in the saddle?

Love some real world ideas! Custom making a Roho/saddle insert is an idea.

Maybe others just don't worry about it, or have my same risks (chronic flaccidity), but it's never far from my mind.
    My question also!
    At present we've Velcro-ed jell filled saddle pad to the top of the saddle. Gives cushion, but is bulky and cumbersome. Could really use something custom fitted to the saddle for cushion.
    SW
    "We are fools whether we dance or not - so we might as well dance."
    Japanese proverb

i just do weight and move there is a thing that i drive on called fat its yellow and i can fold i use it

nick rides for hrs u could ask him

At the retreat I went to last summer they had horseback riding. The horse was specially trained and very calm. There was a special saddle with a really high back that they were able to put an abdominal binder around and I had one person on each side of me and someone guiding the horse with a handle where the horn would be (forgive me if I'm getting the names wrong. I'm having a memory lapse). I have a picture on my computer somewhere I'll have to post when I can find it and have a little more time. Meanwhile, here's a video of me riding a horse when I was 15. I'd only been riding for around six months:
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.