Thread: Where to go next winter?

Where to go next winter?

I am seriously considering going somewhere warm next winter for 2 months or so. This winter just about killed me here.

At this point it looks like Florida is a good choice. I prefer Southern California BUT the weather is often better in Florida during the winter. Arizona looks great too.

What kind of dollars would I be looking at for renting an accessible 2 or 3 bedroom home for 1-3 months? (Jan, Feb, March) Any suggestions?

We are in San Diego area. We suffered through a couple of days under 60 this winter but we are back to high 70's now. I don't know how the wheather could be better anywhere on earth. Also we have no humidity or mosquitos. Rent for a decent place - $1450. ouch.

Music, to create harmony, must investigate discord. Plutarch

Hey Chris'Mom, that's great to hear!

I've been to Southern California many many times and absolutely love it. In fact if I were ever to move, it's one of the few places in the US I would seriously consider.

I was under the impression that Jan, Feb & March can be a bit cool & wet whereas Florida would be more likely to be really warm & sunny. If I'm wrong, you may see me next year. What is weather like during these winter months usually?

$1450/month is OK. 2 or 3 bedrooms & accessible? House is preferable to apartment.

Here is a San Diego resource:

http://209.240.132.230/

Winter in San Diego is occasionally rainy in December-March, although we are still in a several year drought and have not gotten our usual 10 inches per year in several years. I am sure you heard about our horrible fires here this last fall. Temperatures during the day range from the 50s to 60s most winter, with lows at night a low as mid-30s (depending on where you live).

Arizona is more dependably warm in the winter, but even there is can get to freezing at night in winter months, and parts of the state get snow, etc. (Flagstaff, Sedona, the White Mountains, etc.).

Mind you I have been in Tampa in February and nearly froze to death as well!

(KLD)