Thread: Wheelchair damaged in-flight!

Wheelchair damaged in-flight!

Just got back from a great trip to Maui. Unfortunately, didnt notice till we got home, the back to my electric chair is bent pretty bad!!. Does anyone know the legalities as to who's responsible for the damage??? Any feedback would be great. We have a call into customer service...waiting to hear back.
    Thanks.
    P.S. Its Aloha Airline...which was very nice, other than damaging the chair!

Hear anything yet Chelle?

... ...

The airline is responsible, but it will be difficult if not impossible to make a claim so long after your arrival. This is why I always tell people to closely inspect their chair while still in the airport, put it through its paces, and file a claim immediately before leaving the airport.

Contact Aloha now (did you have a travel agent? If so, ask them to do it for you) without further delay.

(KLD)

Thanks KLD

We got in at 10:30 at night, very tired! And didnt realize it till the next morning. Anyway, we contacted them that day and they are sending us a claim form. Had wheelchair company come out, its fixable so they ordered the parts and said the airlines are always good about covering it. Let's hope so!

Thanks again,
    Rachelle

Great news! Still a hassle, but at least you don't have to fight to get your chair fixed.

(KLD)

the extension for my brakes is torn off after a continental flight. they were going to take me to someone to complain but i had a connecting flight to catch immediately. i can live w/o but it's the principle. i didn't call and complain because i don't know what exactly to say to get some sort of compensation. any ideas?

Contact the airline and ask to speak to the compliance officer. Every airline is required to have this position. This person can get you the required forms, and arrange the repairs.

(KLD)