Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Off-Road Car for Para's and Quad's

Off-Road Car for Para's and Quad's

Check this out, it took a year of research and development. I was injured racing motocross about 5 years ago and I wanted to find away to get back in the dirt. This car is equiped with power steering and a push/pull for brake and acceleration. I'm a C-5 quad and I drive this off road car with no-problems. It's a blast. What I like best is that their are no limitations. The car works great. If anybody would like more info and pics let me know. ........Extrmmxer
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Here is a pic of the hand controls inside the car.

looks like an open wheel sprint chassis. what for engine is in it?

Too cool! I wanna try one.

Can you offer any more details Extr.. as far as cost? manufacturer? Is it a kit? totally custom? Who built it for you? Where do you ride/race it?

Again, congratulations. Awesome ride/setup.

The car is called a Drakart. You can check them out at www.drakart.com My car has a 750cc Kawasaki 4 stroke engine. It runs about 60 -70 MPH. I bought the car used for 8,000 and I had all the controls custom made. The cars a very expense new, but sometimes you can find them used for a good deal. I'm still involved in motocross and I drive the car at a local track called Perris Raceway (www.perrisraceway.com) The track is specifically for dirtbikes, but the owners allow me to come out and drive my car on off-days. I also go out to the desert. I have a friend that's a para and he has the same type of off-road car. It's a blast. We are looking for more people to get involved to hold races and events. I call it Dirt Adaption.

[This message was edited by Jeff Weeks on 04-04-04 at 12:25 PM.]

Hi very cool racer.How do you get in? What hand control system do you use?etc. Very impressed

Rick,

I get it in the car usually by a buddy picking me up and setting me into the car. Or I can use a Hoye lift. Getting in the car isn't that bad, but getting out is a little tricky, it just took a little practice and a good system. The steering wheel pops off with a quick release, which allows for more room for getting in and out. As for the type of hand controls, they are my own design that I call Dirt Adaption. It's a simple push/pull for brake and acceleration. You pull back and the car accelerates then you push forward and the car stops. This action takes minimal strength. There is a power steering system that makes the car a breeze to turn with one arm. It truly works amazingly perfect.

We just got permision for my son Robbie {c6} to race a modified stock car class at a the Mosport speed way. The class is 350 cu.with 2speed auto trans. We are looking at the sure grip hand control system as possblity.thanks for info.

looks like the old Honda Odessey.

If there is a tourist season why can't we shoot them?

Rick,

That sounds pretty cool. I bet your son is excited to race. When you get a chance post some pics of the car.