Thread: Amusement Parks

Amusement Parks

Wondering if anyone has any suggestions on amusement parks that allow paras to go on the rollercoasters. I recently traveled to Minneapolis to go to Valleyfair and was told that I could only go on like 2 of the rides there. I was so disappointed that we just left the park. Now I want to go somewhere like Six Flags, or something, and am wondering if anyone has been there or knows if they allow me to go on the best rides! I would really like any suggestions! Thanks!

as long as you can brace yourself with your arms and have decent trunk control they shouldnt be able to prevent you from going on many rides, not many require you to use your legs. Watch hanging coasters and anything that goes inverted so your legs do not end up flying around and also take into account if you have rods in your back but other than that there shouldnt be many you cant do.

most parks are pretty cool. Also, being in a chair, usually you and your guests go right to the front of the line. (since you can't get your chair in the line queues).

This is the closest Six Flags to where you are.

http://www.sixflags.com/parks/greata...h_disabilities

I have been to about 6 or 7 around the country and have never had a problem.

I am a t-12 complete

Have fun!

C

Sux2Sit,
    Have you been to Great America? I have and love it there, but that was before I got hurt. If you have, what roller coasters did you go on?

I'm a t9 and there have been very few amusement parks where I've been turned down. However, I find that I have to ride with someone else, because when we drop, I tend to start slipping out....

Sometimes they may turn you down if they think they'll have to carry you, so bring someone with you who'll help get you in and out.

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." - Oscar Wilde

I took my son who is a c5-6 quad, we went to disneyland, knotts berry farm and six flags, he is 16 and about 130-140pounds, I put him on all the rides, they will not help you because of liability, and you are at your own risk, they only asked if he would be ok, like can hold his head up, some of the rides were a struggle for me to hold him and me, but when I see the look on his face it made it all worth the while, we did call before we went, but they should not tell you that you cannot.