Thread: Riding Lawn Mower

Riding Lawn Mower

Hi, I'm looking for a mower. Has anyone got a set-up that works well? Thanks,

Pat

Here's my setup -> Adapted Mower

C6/7

Hubby just got one of those automatic Craftsman mowers. At t10, and after first two times falling, he is able to mount it himself and cut our grass. Then I just have to do the trim. There is no adaptation right now, but we are thinking about making a little lever for the foot brake, but he is able to use the throttle to stop without a problem.

Thanks for the pictures and ideas. I figure that the neighbors mower that I rigged up required too much force to push the clutch/brake. I see these smaller mowers which should be easier. I'll do it. Thanks. Pat

Mine works great! I'm an incomplete C-4 quad and I can use this Snapper with no problem.

More pics at: http://homepage.mac.com/bradd/PhotoAlbum14.html

Originally posted by patd:

Thanks for the pictures and ideas. I figure that the neighbors mower that I rigged up required too much force to push the clutch/brake. I see these smaller mowers which should be easier. I'll do it. Thanks. Pat
    Put a softer return spring on the clutch/brake.

Jack

"Stand strong in the storms of life,The sun will always shine on you" Kid Rock

Snapper Lawncruiser

As a C-6/7, I use a Snapper Lawncruiser that is steered/braked/throttled by a joystick on the right hand side - just like a power chair. It has a parking brake, choke, throttle, and blade engage switch at the left hand. I can even operate the deck cutting height adjustment but it is a bit heavy. The gas cap is even reachable from the driving position. I transfer onto a board with a 2 inch piece of foam on it then up into the seat. The front is a low deck so you don't have to swing your legs over the engine. I mow 2 acres with slopes and trees and it works great and is super manueverable. Mulching blades can you save the trouble of dealing with a grasscatcher or sweeping/raking the clippings. I carry a pole pruner to trim trees/weeds/bushes and move stuff I don't want to mow over and a cell phone in case I run out of gas.

From their web site:
    Yard Cruiser®
    This Yard Cruiser features a 15-Hp Kohler engine, Eaton dual path Hydrostatic transmissions and joystick steering for zero-turning radius and better maneuverability. The 42" twin-blade deck with 7 height-of-cut positions allows you to change from side discharge to mulching to bagging with available accessories. Stand-on-end for easy storage and servic

http://www.snapperinc.com/residential/hzs15422kv.html

-Greg Jacobs

power mower

Simon is T-12. He has a Toro, hydrostatic drive, zero turning radius mower. Everything is done with the hands. He pulls up to it in his wheelchair, takes one handle off, transfers on then puts the handle back on. It cost around $2,500 and works great. He can get right up to the edges by trees and stuff.

thanks for the sugestiond i appreciate them