Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunting?

Hunting?

I was just wondering does any one on this board hunt other than me?
    I love to talk hunt but have know one to talk to. My kneck is starting to swell.
    Billy Fryar

hunting

Along with fishing, hunting is my favorite pastime. I haven't been much in the last 3-4 years because I used up too much vacation time in the hospital. Do you hunt from a vehicle? Fish and Game gives out disabled permits to shoot out of a 4x4 etc.,I guess a cadillac if you wanted to. I'm guessing most states do.

I hunt with a group of disabled hunters here in Arkansas.
    The Game and Fish did give me a mobilty impaired card to
    let me shoot from my truck or from my fourwheeler from the road.
    That was nice of them. Most of the time I humt from my fourwheeler.
    I killed two deers last year. A nice doe and a young 8 pt. buck.
    I hope to hang one on the wall this year.

Handicap Hunting

Bill: I too am a hunter. Either from my vehicle or in a manual chair that I have setup with fat tires and front wheels. I have not been comfortable on a fourwheeler as my balance doesn't seem adequate...how do you keep yourself in the saddle? >>Clay

Hey Clay, I too hunt from my chair some. It took me
    a while to get where I could get on my four wheeler
    but I do now. I ordered a box off the internet to give
    me back support. It also has arm rest that make you feel
    your sitting in your chair. I have to do a lot of
    push ups to change postions. Don't want know pressure
    sores. Also I bought some shin gaurds and I turn them in
    so the heat don't get to my legs. Look at that box it might
    help you out. Atv accessories (Tamarack Boxes) Quad Trunk
    Good luck, Billy

Billy,
    Hope you do some good hunting this year. Our deer, elk and antelope seasons are open nearly everywhere in the state now. i was just out for a ride last weekend and the deer were thick. I almost hate to drive at night. The season opened locally the 1st so I'm sure they're a lot more scarce now. I swear they know what date it is. What kind of rifle do you use?WR

I'm a hunter. I prefer archery but it looks like I might have to dust off the gun. I wanted to e-mail you Billy but I got tied up with getting things going for my shop and school. Our archery season opens tomorrow saturday Oct 5. I was in the hospital all last year because my accident was Oct 8. Maybe if I can convince the wife to calm down I'll make it out this year. She is not to happy with me going hunting again. I promised not to climb any more trees. hahaha. Good luck guys!

...act like a survivor not a victim.

I am just here to wish the best of luck to all you hunters this year.

I am not a hunter myself, but my hubby and son are and my daughter hopes to hunt when she turns 12. I know disabled hunters here in Wisconsin are able to hunt from vehicles. The eve of opening day of gun deer hunting is like a religious holiday at my house. The kitchen is full of hunters with the orange all layed out for morning. They drink a few beers and reminisce on hunting stories from the past. My daughter always looks forward to all the homemade soups I make for the hunters.

The biggest concern this year here is the finding of Chronic Wasting Disease in deer. We are not in the "target area" for kills but we are in the outlying earn a buck area. They have to shoot a doe before they can shoot a buck. They are hoping to eradicate the problem right away.

Billy, My uncle is wanting me to go bear hunting with him in a few weeks. Do you know anything about bear hunting? I would go fishing with you anytime but i'll leave the hunting up to you. The woods ain't big enough for the both of us! LOL

trigger set ups for quads ?.

what sort of trigger arrangements are you blokes using on your rifles please ? i do most of my shooting with a 12Ga pump gun with a fully choked 18'' barrel now because my fingers aren't good enough to use a rifle accurately . i do my shooting mainly for pest destruction so being able to use a rifle would be better . i don't want to set up a ''hair'' trigger , i have had bullets come my way from rifles set up like this . look forward to any suggestions . i have a 30-06 Sako and a .222 Remington [and 2 x .22's] sitting here doing nothing .

thank you
    dogger