Thread: Accessible parking tags in foreign countries

Accessible parking tags in foreign countries

I am going to Canada for 2 weeks this fall. We will be renting a car. Can I take my US parking tag (hang tag) with me and use it in Canada or do I need to apply for one in Canada? Any help would be appreciated.

Hey, as far as I know you do need to get your tag switched...but I don't know if I'd bother for two weeks...what colour is your tag? If its similar to ours ( blue ) I might not even bother... cops probably wont even notice! Where are you going?

Hey Phillis!

I wouldn't worry about it at all, you wouldn't believe what some people use. It's a joke, very rarely is anything enforced. It's not even law in most cities. I've seen little wheelchair symbols cut out of paper, signs from ferry parking cards, temporary cards that expired 5yrs ago. Handi signs that have a line through a name and date with a another name scribbled in. I've also seen alot of U.S. signs, I live 20 minutes from the border so I see loads of them and never question them, I'm sure no one does. You're a tourist it shouldn't matter!! We're just glad your here. Then again I'm on the West coast, nothing bothers us here, now if your going East, who know's? Have fun anyway!

[This message was edited by Monkeygirl on Aug 21, 2002 at 02:16 AM.]

Thanks Emi and Monkeygirl!
    My tag is blue so I think I'll just use that one and see what happens! Emi, we are going to Calgary, Jasper, Lake Louise/Banff, then driving across to Vancouver and staying in Victoria. This is our 2 week honeymoon!! I'm really looking forward to visiting Canada and seeing the beautiful mountains! Thanks again for your help!!

Hey Phillis!

Wow, You're taking the most beautiful route in the world, your choice is superb. You are going to absolutely love every minute of your trip. I don't know how tight your schedule is but if your staying a night or two in Vancouver, you absolutely must drive the "Sea to Sky Highway" from Vancouver to Whistler and stay a night in Whistler. This is where we're hoping to have the "2010-Winter Olympics" The Hwy follows the Ocean all the way up to the worldclass ski resort. It is even spectacular in the summer, and fall, in some ways more so. I have lived here all my life and driven that hwy a million times and I am still in awe everytime, it is the most beautiful drive you will ever take in your life. I guarantee it!!

The ferry ride over to Victoria is pretty darn beautiful too, as is Victoria. Geez every thing I'm explaining is beautiful, I guess that's why it's called "Beautiful BC"

Anyway Happy Honeymooning, You'll have a blast here!!!!! I'm sure you'll be back.

PS: If you don't have a digital camera yet, make sure you buy one before you come, along with a couple big memory cards!!!

Another tip:
    Coming from Calgary, take the route that goes through Vernon and Kelowna as opposed to Kamloops- it is much more scenic....

That is beautiful country....I live in Edmonton, Alberta so if you need any other info let me kno and I'll try to help.

Hi,

I think tags are similar in Us & Canada.

Funny man in wc on blue field

Happy honeymoon

==============================
    "With every scientific advance, we grow closer to unlocking the mysteries of life and creation. But what have we gained if in the process, we lose our humanity. The most powerful thing we pass along to our children may not reside in the genes, but in the soul."
    The Outer Limits(Criminal Nature)

Phillis:

You can use your hang tag from home. Both the US and Canada are associate ECMT members and are bound by the ECMT recipricol parking agreement.

http://www.tc.gc.ca/pol/en/Accessibi...essParking.htm

Candy Harrington
    Emerging Horizons
    www.EmergingHorizons.com

Hi Phillis,

If you are coming to Victoria, a must-see is Butchart Gardens - it's really beautiful. Another beautiful sight is our Inner Harbour. It's where the Empress Hotel is (afternoon tea is delightful), our Parliament Buildings, Museum, and lots of other great things to see.......the Pacific Ocean really is lovely. Have a great trip and wonderful Honeymoon!........twice we have even celebrated our Anniversary by staying at the Empress Hotel.....but it's in November and the locals get a cheaper rate then!!!

Darlene