Thread: Best in Handcycles

Best in Handcycles

I am looking into purchasing a new touring handcycle. Right now I'm considering the Sopur Spirit 470 (Quickie)...but I've also heard good things about the Freedom Ryder. Any suggestions, pros/cons, personal experiences?

I'm just now seriously looking at handcycles too with an eye towards racing. Ive been talking to Steve Ackerman of Freedomryder. He suggested at Superbike STI as a good all around bike, and a buddy in New Mexico just got a CB-1. Because my problem is viral neuropathy with intermittent paralysis of the left leg, pelvis and bladder, I have pretty much full Ab use so I can swing the more upright sposition.

Once I was ready to race it could be modified with high dollar wheels, re-set gears , etc.

I tried a quickie Sopur 470 and did not have a good experience on it- but thats just me.

From here and the handcycle group on yahoo I've learned that your abilities and how you plan to use it have a lot to do with your choice.

Let me know how it goes.
    Brock

Don't forget to check out the Varna

I love my Speedbike, it is great, real fast. I also have a Freedom Ryder and use that for Touring.

"Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred